Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 January 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Coalition Military Forces Find Large Weapons Caches in Iraq Washington File 18 Jan 2004 -- Coalition military forces in Al Anbar province, Iraq, in and around the town of Ramadi, seized two large weapons caches, detained 23 suspected enemy personnel, and distributed thousands of humanitarian items to Iraqis January 17, according to two news releases by Combined Joint Task Force 7.
- Massive Car Bomb Kills At Least 18 In Baghdad RFE/RL 18 Jan 2004 -- A massive suspected suicide car bomb has killed at least 18 people in Baghdad near the main entrance to the U.S.-led coalition authority.
- IRAQ/BOMB VOA 18 Jan 2004 -- A car bomb explosion in central Baghdad, outside the headquarters of the U-S - led coalition, has killed about 20 people and injured more than 60 others. Most of the casualties were Iraqis in what military officials say was a likely suicide attack .
- US Study: Iraqi Insurgents Using More Sophisticated Weapons VOA News 18 Jan 2004 -- The New York Times reports a classified U.S. Army study concludes insurgents in Iraq are using increasingly sophisticated tactics and weapons to target coalition helicopters.
- IRAQ / BOMB BLAST VOA 18 Jan 2004 -- A powerful explosion, believed to be a car bomb, went off central Baghdad Sunday morning, just outside the headquarters of the U-S - led coalition, killing or injuring a number of people and setting vehicles on fire. Most of the casualties are believed to be Iraqis.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list