Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 January 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- IRAQ / GAS SHELLS VOA 11 Jan 2004 -- Danish troops operating in southern Iraq have found dozens of old mortar shells that may contain poison liquid gas.
- IRAQ/SITREP VOA 11 Jan 2004 -- Iraqis protested in the southern city of Amara, a day after five demonstrators were killed in clashes with Iraqi police and British soldiers. And experts are examining old mortar shells found in southern Iraq that may contain poison liquid gas.
- 101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION SOLDIERS CAPTURE ANTI-COALITION SUSPECTS CENTCOM Release 11 Jan 2004-- Soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) and the Iraqi Civil Defense Corps (ICDC) captured several anti-coalition suspects Jan. 10 and 11 in northern Iraq.
- TF IRONHORSE SOLDIERS CAPTURE INSURGENTS AND FIND IED FACTORY CENTCOM Release 11 Jan 2004-- The targets of a 588th Engineer Battalion early morning raid on Jan. 10 in Ba'qubah, were a father and his six sons suspected of being involved in attacks against the Coalition.
- IRAQI CITIZEN THWARTS CAR BOMB ATTACK IN BA'QUBAH CENTCOM Release 11 Jan 2004-- A terrorist attack against innocent Iraqis was thwarted at the Tahrir Husseinia mosque in Ba'qubah when an observant mosque official decided to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked near the building at approximately 2 p.m. Jan. 9.
- TF "ALL-AMERICAN" UNCOVERS CACHE WITH LOCAL HELP CENTCOM Release 11 Jan 2004-- Task Force "All-American" soldiers discovered a large weapons cache with the help of a local Iraqi civilian at approximately 9 p.m. Jan. 9.
- O'NEILL / BUSH VOA 11 Jan 2004 -- A former U-S Cabinet official says in a new book that President Bush was looking at plans to remove former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein from the start of the Bush presidency in 2001, before the September 11th attacks. The former official has strong criticism of the Bush administration's economic plans.
- Iran demands Saddam be tried as war criminal IRNA 11 Jan 2004 -- Iran on Sunday demanded that the former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, who imposed a destructive war on the Islamic Republic between 1980 and 1988, is tried as a war criminal.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list