Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
31 December Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 31 Dec 2003 [PDF]
- Transcript: 1st Armored Division Commanding General's Briefing from Baghdad 31 Dec 2003 -- "General Dempsey has agreed to provide us today with some comments regarding recent actions here in Iraq associated with Operation Iron Grip"
- 101ST LOCATES NUMEROUS WEAPONS CACHES IN NORTHERN IRAQ CENTCOM Release 31 Dec 2003-- Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) discovered weapons caches Dec. 30 in and around the city of Mosul.
- 801ST DONATES SHOES, SUPPLIES TO NEGLECTED SCHOOLS CENTCOM Release 31 Dec 2003-- Soldiers of the 801st Main Support Battalion, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), spent Tuesday afternoon at the Al Busaif Primary School presenting the school's bright-eyed students with shoes for their feet and supplies for their minds. By the end of the day, hundreds of little feet were crowned with brand new shoes, while little backpacks were filled with new writing utensils, notepads, coloring books and other school supplies.
- 352ND CIVIL AFFAIRS COMMAND COORDINATES JOB FAIR IN BAGHDAD CENTCOM Release 31 Dec 2003-- The soldiers of Task Force 1st Armored Division's 352nd Civil Affairs Command and the 354th Civil Affairs Brigade, both from Riverdale, Md., coordinated a job fair recently at the Baghdad Convention Center.
- 1st Armor Division CG makes New Year's resolution Army News Release 31 Dec 2003-- The commanding general of the 1st Armor Division has a New Year's resolution, "to provide a safe and secure environment for the Iraqi people."
- IRAQ / BOMB VOA 31 Dec 2003 -- A powerful bomb has exploded at a restaurant in Baghdad packed with New Year's Eve revelers. Iraqi authorities say at least five people have been killed, and anywhere between 10 and 20 wounded.
- Iraq: Several Deaths In Baghdad Explosion RFE/RL 31 Dec 2003 -- A large explosion occurred at a restaurant in central Baghdad today, killing several people.
- Baghdad Commander Optimistic, Details Operation Iron Grip AFPS 31 Dec 2003 -- The commander of U.S. troops in Baghdad, delivered an upbeat assessment today of the future in and around Iraq's capital city.
- Iraq: Two Killed In Kirkuk During Anti-Federation Protest RFE/RL 31 Dec 2003 -- Two people were shot dead and 14 others wounded by Kurdish policemen in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk during a demonstration today by Arabs and Turkomans demanding that the city remain under a central Iraqi government.
- WRAP-UP OF 4TH ID'S ACTIVITIES CENTCOM Release 31 Dec 2003-- Soldiers from 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment raided a building in Shahab Almab before daybreak on Dec. 29. In addition to weapons and ammunition the soldiers captured 20 people suspected of involvement in anti-Coalition activities, 10 of whom were specifically targeted.
- TASK FORCE "ALL-AMERICAN" CAPTURES TARGETED INDIVIDUALS CENTCOM Release 31 Dec 2003-- The 82nd Airborne Division and its subordinate units, also known as Task Force "All American," continue missions to bring peace and prosperity to the residents of the Al Anbar province.
- IRAQ / NEW YEAR VOA 31 Dec 2003 -- The year 2003 was full of great upheavals in Iraq, and residents of Baghdad are hoping for more peace and tranquility in 2004.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list