Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
20 December Iraq Special Weapons News
- IRAQ/WRAP VOA 20 Dec 2003 -- U-S troops have mistakenly killed three Iraqi police officers in northern Iraq, and the Spanish prime minister has staged a top-secret, lightning visit to Spanish troops in the south.
- TASK FORCE "ALL AMERICAN" CAPTURES AGGRESSORS, PROMOTES PEACE CENTCOM Release 20 Dec 2003-- Soldiers from Task Force "All American" continue missions aimed at assisting local Iraqis in developing a new era of peace and prosperity for all the country's people.
- COALITION FORCES MAKE SECOND MAJOR DRUG SEIZURE IN FIVE DAYS CENTCOM Release 20 Dec 2003-- Five days after nearly 10 million dollars worth of hashish was found aboard a dhow in the Arabian Gulf, coalition forces have made another significant drug interception. Intelligence gained from the Dec. 15 raid by USS Decatur (DDG 73) led the U.S. Navy to board two dhows in the North Arabian Sea, this time discovering what is believed to be pure heroin and methamphetamines.
- Amar Hakim says Saddam behind assassination of his slain uncle IRNA 20 Dec 2003 -- Amar Hakim, son of the current president of the Iraqi Governing Council Abdel Aziz al-Hakim said on Saturday the captured ex-tyrant Saddam Hussein had been behind the assassination of Ayatollah Mohammad Baqer al-Hakim, former head of the Supreme Assembly of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SAIRI).
- UK opposition leader accused of using Iraq trip for self-promotion IRNA 20 Dec 2003 -- The British government has accused the new opposition Conservative leader Michael Howard of transforming a carefully arranged secret visit to Iraq into an exercise of self-promotion.
- Iraq: Arab League Delegation Visits Baghdad RFE/RL 20 Dec 2003 -- A delegation from the Arab League visited Baghdad today to hold talks with members of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council and other Iraqi officials.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list