Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 October Iraq Special Weapons News
- IRAQ / ATTACK VOA 07 Oct 2003-- Three American soldiers have been killed and others were injured in separate roadside attacks near Baghdad.
- What Kay Found US Dept. of State 07 Oct 2003 -- Op-Ed By Secretary Colin L. Powell
- U.S. Assistance for Deployment of Turkish Troops into Iraq Not Set Washington File 07 Oct 2003-- Following is a statement in response to a question about the possibility of U.S. assistance to a Turkish troop deployment to Iraq; the question was taken at the State Department's October 7 Daily Press Briefing and an answer was posted later in the day
- U.S. Welcomes Turkish Parliament's Decision to Send Troops to Iraq Washington File 07 Oct 2003-- The United States welcomed the approval in the Turkish parliament of the Turkish government's initiative to send troops to the stability force in Iraq, State Department Spokesman Richard Boucher said in response to a journalist's question at the October 7 State Department daily press briefing.
- TURKEY / IRAQ VOA 07 Oct 2003-- Turkey's parliament voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to authorize the government to send thousands of troops to Iraq. That would make Turkey the largest Muslim country to agree to serve alongside U-S-led coalition forces in that country
- U-S-Turkey-Iraq VOA 07 Oct 2003-- The United States is welcoming the decision of Turkey's parliament to authorize the dispatch of Turkish troops to Iraq, and U-S officials say concerns about the deployment among members of the Iraqi Governing Council can be "worked out."
- U.S. Continues Push for New Iraq Resolution Washington File 07 Oct 2003-- The United States will press ahead with efforts to win Security Council approval of its proposed resolution authorizing a multinational force and increasing the role of the United Nations in Iraq, U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte said October 7.
- IRAQ: UN to carry out safety inspection IRIN 07 Oct 2003 -- A United Nations assessment team will arrive in Iraq this week to assess the safety of remaining staff there, the officer in charge of the UN's Iraq mission, Kevin Kennedy, announced over the weekend.
- Hakim thanks Iran for assistance to Iraqi people IRNA 07 Oct 2003 -- Visiting Head of Supreme Assembly of Islamic Revolution in Iraq (SAIRI) Abdulaziz Hakim here Tuesday thanked Iran humanitarian assistance to Iraqi people.
- Iraq: Turkish Parliament Approves Dispatch Of Peacekeeping Troops RFE/RL 07 Oct 2003 -- Ending months of uncertainty, Turkey's parliament today overwhelmingly approved a government motion authorizing the dispatch of soldiers to neighboring Iraq.
- Turkey: Cabinet Agrees On Troop Deployment In Iraq, Hopes For Quick Parliamentary Approval RFE/RL 07 Oct 2003 -- Turkish lawmakers are expected to decide soon on a motion approving the dispatch of thousands of soldiers to help the United States stabilize the situation in neighboring Iraq. Anxious to patch up ties with Washington, the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan yesterday formally asked parliament to approve the troop deployment after receiving assurances that the U.S. will move against Kurdish rebels based in northern Iraq.
- Iraq: Turkey's Parliament to Vote On Sending Peacekeepers RFE/RL 07 Oct 2003 -- The Turkish government expects parliament to begin debate today on a motion to deploy peacekeepers to Iraq, after the government announced yesterday it has agreed to send an unspecified number of troops to Iraq.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list