Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
01 October Iraq Special Weapons News
- Iraq Humanitarian and Reconstruction Assistance Updates USAID 01 Oct 2003 [PDF]
- EU: 200 Million Euros Proposed For Iraqi Reconstruction In 2004 RFE/RL 01 Oct 2003 -- Chris Patten, the European Union's external relations commissioner, today said the European Commission is prepared to pledge 200 million euros for the reconstruction of Iraq in 2004.
- IRAQ/SCHOOLS VOA 01 Oct 2003-- Iraqi students began returning to school Wednesday, hoping for better times after years of war and economic hardship
- Near-term International Aid Called Very Important for Iraq Washington File 01 Oct 2003-- The reconstruction of Iraq presents a strategic and unique opportunity for the international community to contribute to a new start for that country, says Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs E. Anthony Wayne.
- Iraqi Schools Reopen Their Doors Washington File 01 Oct 2003-- Some 5.5 million Iraqi primary and secondary age students returned to school October 1 for registration and orientation in preparation for the new academic year. The opening of school follows months of cleaning and refurbishing school facilities.
- IRAQ: Protestors demand jobs IRIN 01 Oct 2003 -- Two police cars were destroyed on Monday when unsuccessful job-seekers threw molotov cocktails at them during a demonstration in front of a police station in downtown Baghdad.
- O-I-C / IRAQ VOA 01 Oct 2003-- The Organization of Islamic Conference has welcomed the formation of an Iraqi Governing Council and called for members of Saddam Hussein's regime to be brought to justice
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list