Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 September Iraq Special Weapons News
- Press Availability with Coalition Provisional Authority Administrator Ambassador L. Paul Bremer US Dept. of State 14 Sep 2003
- Iraq: Powell In Kuwait After Talks With Security Council Members RFE/RL 14 Sep 2003 -- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has arrived in Kuwait ahead of a planned visit to neighboring Iraq.
- U.S. Not 'Bogged Down' in Iraq, Rumsfeld Asserts AFPS 14 Sept 2003-- The United States military "is not bogged down" in Iraq, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld told a national television audience today.
- BUSH/IRAQ VOA 14 Sept 2003-- The Bush administration is defending the high cost of the war on terrorism and the war in Iraq. This, as a new poll shows many Americans have concerns about the president's request for 87-billion dollars for military operations and reconstruction efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Rumsfeld Says Goal in Iraq is Self-Government, Security Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- The goal for coalition forces in Iraq is "to transition from a liberation activity to a situation where the Iraqi people take responsibility for their own security, and get on a path towards representative government," Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said in an interview on CBS's "Face-the-Nation" September 14.
- Powell Says French Idea for Quick Iraqi Takeover Impractical Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- Iraq's Governing Council and its new government ministries aren't ready to take over the full reins of governance, Secretary of State Colin Powell says.
- Top Administration Officials Defend Policies Toward Iraq Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of State Colin Powell and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld explained and defended Bush administration policy toward Iraq on national television September 14.
- Powell Congratulates Iraqi Interim Foreign Minister Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- In remarks to the press with Iraqi Interim Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zubari September 14, Powell congratulated Zubari on his recent participation in a meeting of the Arab League, saying that it demonstrated that "people recognize that things are changing" in Iraq.
- UN stops repatriation of Iraqi refugees from Iran IRNA 14 Sep 2003 -- Based on decisions adopted by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, repatriation of Iraqi nationals living in Iran will not be pursued, an Iranian official said Sunday.
- IRAQ /POWELL VOA 14 Sept 2003-- U-S Secretary of State Colin Powell says the full United Nations Security Council is to meet Monday to discuss a U-S proposal to include more U-N member nations in the reconstruction of Iraq
- U.N. Resolution Aims to Broaden Support for Iraq, Powell Says Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- The purpose of a further U.N. Security Council resolution on Iraq is to broaden participation in the security and rebuilding effort, Secretary of State Colin Powell says.
- Powell Says Progress Made in Geneva, But Differences Remain Washington File 14 Sept 2003-- Secretary of State Colin Powell told the press September 13 that despite the fact that the five permanent members (P5) of the United Nations Security Council share the common goal of "the transfer of authority back to the Iraqi people as quickly as possible," some differences remain on how to best achieve that transition.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list