Rouhani proposes Hatami for Defense Ministry
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, Aug 14, IRNA -- President Hassan Rouhani has picked Brigadier General Amir Hatami for the next defense minister.
Majlis (Parliament) is to hold session to review proposed ministers' qualifications on Tuesday.
Part of Hatami's qualifications is listed below:
1. Deputy Defense Minister in 11th government
2. Deputy Commander of Armed Forces
3. Leading foreign relations and developing military cooperation with some regional countries
4. Head of Iran Armed Forces international relations office
Hatami has also outlined his main plans as follows:
1. Intelligent management of defense relations in line with creating active deterrence strategy
2. Reinforcing the role of Defense Ministry to implement Armed Forces civil plans
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|