Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2016 - Iran Special Weapons News
- CIA chief warns Trump: Scrapping Iran deal 'disastrous' Press TV 30 Nov 2016 -- CIA Director John Brennan says it would be "the height of folly" for US President-elect Donald Trump to sabotage the nuclear agreement with Iran reached under the Obama administration.
- CIA Chief Warns Trump Over Scrapping Iran Nuclear Deal, 'Russian Promises' RFE/RL 30 Nov 2016 -- The director of the U.S. intelligence agency has issued warnings over the dangers of scrapping the Iran nuclear deal, as well as trusting what he called "Russian promises."
- Senate to vote on renewal of Iran Sanctions Act: Republican leader Press TV 30 Nov 2016 -- The US Senate will vote this week on legislation to renew sanctions on Iran for 10 years, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said.
- Defiance Thrusts Iranian Lawmaker Into Spotlight RFE/RL 30 Nov 2016 -- Until recently, Mahmud Sadeghi was an obscure legal expert whose most conspicuous professional accomplishment was a two-year advisory stint with Iran's Education Ministry.
- CIA Chief Brennan Warns Trump Against Scrapping Iran Nuclear Deal Sputnik 30 Nov 2016 -- Director of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) John Brennan in an interview published Wednesday warned US President-elect Donald Trump against scrapping the Iran nuclear deal, saying that it would be "disastrous."
- Navy unveils latest products, achievements IRNA 29 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian Navy displayed its latest weaponry and military products and achievements in the annual Army Day in the presence of Deputy Commander of the Iranian Army Brigadier General Abdolrahim Mousavi in Tehran on Tuesday.
- IRGC dismisses new US propaganda about targetting US chopper by Iran warship IRNA 29 Nov 2016 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps Navy on Tuesday dismissed US propaganda about targetting US chopper by Iranian warship saying that Strait of Hormuz is open for free navigation and that presence of the US forces in the Persian Gulf created nuisance.
- Iran will increase enrichment to 190k SWU if JCPOA breached: MP Press TV 29 Nov 2016 -- Iran will increase its uranium enrichment capacity if the US renews sanctions against the Islamic Republic and violates the landmark nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries, a senior Iranian lawmaker says.
- Iran kills Daesh ringleader along border: Intelligence minister Press TV 29 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi confirms that a ringleader of the Daesh terrorist group has been killed by Iranian security forces in the country's border areas.
- Iran's options numerous if JCPOA violated: Shamkhani Press TV 29 Nov 2016 -- Iran has multiple options at its disposal in case of any violation of the landmark nuclear agreement signed between Tehran and the group of six countries known as the P5+1, a senior Iranian official says.
- US' unprofessional presence main problem in Persian Gulf: IRGC Press TV 29 Nov 2016 -- The presence of US forces is the main problem currently facing the Persian Gulf, an informed source at the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy says.
- Iran Navy unveils new achievements Press TV 29 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Navy has unveiled new technological achievements in the areas of naval defense, including advanced radar systems and defensive weapons.
- Prosecutor Tells Iran Lawmaker To Turn Himself In After Flubbed Arrest RFE/RL 29 Nov 2016 -- The chief prosecutor in Tehran says an arrest warrant against a reformist lawmaker who publicly questioned the financial dealings of Iran's chief justice remains legal and valid.
- Iran Calls US Military in Persian Gulf 'Main Problem' After Helicopter Incident Sputnik 29 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian military contends the US military presence in the Persian Gulf is opening up the potential for conflict in the region, after an Iranian vessel pointed a weapon at a Navy helicopter over the weekend.
- Iranian Navy Showcases New Fire-Control Systems, Simulators Sputnik 29 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian Navy unveiled new simulation systems for training of personnel and a plan for production of Mark 46 torpedo components, Iranian media reported Tuesday.
- Iran Ready to Allow Russian Jets to Use Hamadan Base for 'Takeoff and Refueling' Sputnik 29 Nov 2016 -- Last week, Iranian Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan said that Tehran could allow Russia's use of the Noje Airbase in Hamadan for the aerial campaign against terrorists in Syria if the situation demanded it.
- Iranian Revolutionary Guards Point Weapon at US Helicopter VOA 28 Nov 2016 -- An Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) boat pointed its weapon at a helicopter launched from aboard the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in the Strait of Hormuz, a U.S. defense official told VOA Monday.
- Iran observing US decision on JCPOA: AEOI chief IRNA 28 Nov 2016 -- The Islamic Republic is observing US decision on Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and will adopt the right decision at the right time, Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi said on Monday.
- Iran ready to respond to US if sanctions renewed: Salehi Press TV 28 Nov 2016 -- Iran is ready to respond if the US violates the landmark nuclear agreement signed between Tehran and the group of six countries known as the P5+1 by renewing sanctions against the Islamic Republic, says the top Iranian nuclear official.
- Tehran Jails Son Of Top Revolutionary Cleric Over Execution Tape RFE/RL 28 Nov 2016 -- A court in Iran has sentenced the son of one of Iran's founding revolutionaries to six years in prison for releasing a decades-old tape in which his father denounced the mass execution of prisoners in 1988.
- Leader: US reneged on JCPOA for extension of expired sanctions IRNA 27 Nov 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei on Sunday reprimanded US officials for extension of the expired sanctions, saying that such a conduct runs counter to the nuclear deal which prohibited fresh sanctions.
- IRGC chopper crash kills 5 in northern Iran Press TV 27 Nov 2016 -- A chopper belonging to the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has crashed in the northern Iranian waters of the Caspian Sea, leaving all five people on board dead, an IRGC commander says.
- Iran Navy fleet set to cross Atlantic Ocean in near future: Commander Press TV 27 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the country's naval forces should have a far-reaching arm in the high seas, adding that they will sail across the Atlantic in the near future.
- Iran Cleric Receives Jail Sentence VOA 27 Nov 2016 -- The son of a late Iran revolutionary was sentenced Sunday to six years in prison.
- Russia May Use Iran's Hamadan Base if Admiral Kuznetsov Moves Away From Syria Sputnik 26 Nov 2016 -- Russia could use Iran's Hamadan airbase in case the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier used for anti-terror strikes in Syria moves away from the Syrian borders for a new mission, the Russian upper house of parliament's defense committee chair said Saturday.
- IRGC Navy Commander: World powers admit Iran's power of deterrence IRNA 26 Nov 2016 -- The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy Commander Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said the world hegemonic powers especially the US admit Iran's power of deterrence.
- Chief of staff hails navy forces achievements IRNA 26 Nov 2016 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Baqeri on Saturday hailed the navy forces' achievements.
- Iran May Need Naval Bases in Syria, Yemen - Armed Forces Chief of Staff Sputnik 26 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Mohammad Hossein Baqeri said that Tehran may need naval bases on the coasts of Yemen and Syria.
- Iran Could Allow Russia to Use Hamadan Base If Necessary for Syrian Operation Sputnik 26 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Defense Minister stated that Iranian authorities could allow Russia to use the Hamadan air base in western Iran for Moscow's aerial operation against terrorist in Syria if the situation in the crisis-torn Middle Eastern nation demanded it.
- Purchase of Russia's Su-30 Jets on Iran's Defense Ministry's Agenda - Minister Sputnik 26 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Defense Minister said that Defense Ministry is considering purchase of the Russian Sukhoi Su-30 multirole fighter jets.
- Iran, Pakistan vow to enhance naval cooperation IRNA 25 Nov 2016 -- Deputy Chief of General Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces in a meeting with Pakistan Naval Chief stressed enhancement of cooperation between the two countries' naval forces.
- Iran escorted over 3,800 ships in Gulf of Aden: Navy chief Press TV 25 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Navy chief says its forces have escorted 3,844 commercial ships to ensure their safe passage in the Gulf of Aden, where pirates are active.
- Sayyari: Naval forces enjoy highest capabilities IRNA 24 Nov 2016 -- Navy commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said here on Thursday that Iran's naval forces are capable enough to produce their necessary equipment with the highest technology.
- Leader rebukes US for extension of sanctions violating JCPOA IRNA 23 Nov 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution has said that the US measure to extend the sanctions against Iran for another ten-year period is an absolute violation of the July 2015 nuclear deal according to which US has undertaken not to enforce fresh sanctions.
- Leader: Extension of sanctions, absolute violation of JCPOA IRNA 23 Nov 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution has said that the US measure to extend the sanctions against Iran for another ten-year period is an absolute violation of the July 2015 deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- President urges Armed Forces' support for economic development IRNA 23 Nov 2016 -- President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday urged the Armed Forces to support country's economic development.
He made the remarks in a meeting with the cabinet members on the occasion of Basij Week (starting on November 25).
- Iran to buy new fighter jets to boost defense capabilities: Senior commander Press TV 23 Nov 2016 -- Iran plans to purchase new fighter jets to boost the country's air defense capabilities, a senior Iranian commander says.
- Leader: Iran to respond if US renews bans Press TV 23 Nov 2016 -- Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has said that Iran would respond if the US proceeded to renew the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA) which expires at the end of 2016.
- Obama not to sign bills to 'undermine' Iran deal Press TV 23 Nov 2016 -- The administration of outgoing President Barack Obama will avoid signing any bill in its final months that would "undermine" the Iran nuclear agreement, the White House says.
- Official: More Than 1,000 Iranian Soldiers Killed in Syria VOA 22 Nov 2016 -- An Iranian official said Tuesday that more than 1,000 of the country's soldiers have been killed in Syria after Tehran decided to back the government side in the civil war.
- Salehi: Iran receives letters from Oman on purchase of heavy water IRNA 22 Nov 2016 -- Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said Iran has received letters from Omani officials expressing their readiness to purchase heavy water from Iran.
- US: Iran's shipping of its excess heavy water to Oman no violation of JCPOA IRNA 22 Nov 2016 -- US State Department spokesman John Kirby said that Iran's decision to send its excess heavy water to Oman is no violation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Speaker: US House of Representatives working on 50 anti-JCPOA plans IRNA 22 Nov 2016 -- Majlis Speaker Ali Larijani said the US House of Representatives is working on 50 plans to destroy the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- AEOI head says countries request to buy heavy water ISNA 22 Nov 2016 -- The head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi said they have received letter offering to buy the surplus heavy water from Iran.
- Iran transfers 11 tonnes of heavy water to Oman: AEOI Press TV 22 Nov 2016 -- The head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says the country has transferred 11 tonnes of heavy water to Oman as part of its obligations under last year's nuclear agreement with the P5+1 group of countries.
- Iran Intelligence Ministry dismantles terrorist team in eastern country Press TV 22 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry has busted a terrorists team in the eastern parts of the country, an Iranian security official says.
- Iranian lawmakers urge countermeasures against JCPOA violations Press TV 22 Nov 2016 -- A majority of Iranian lawmakers have urged the administration of President Hassan Rouhani to take appropriate measures to respond to any violations of a multilateral nuclear deal by the United States.
- Iranian Navy due to stage drills in Indian Ocean IRNA 21 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Navy is scheduled to stage drills in Indian Ocean in the next three months, Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said on Monday.
- FM spokesman: Iran patiently monitoring US developments IRNA 21 Nov 2016 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said Iran was patiently monitoring developments in the United States after the presidential elcetion.
- Iran 44th flotilla in Atlantic Ocean for the first time ISNA 21 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said the 44th flotilla consisting of Alvand and Bushehr destroyers would sail the African continent and enter the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.
- Obama administration aims to secure JCPOA ISNA 21 Nov 2016 -- The Obama administration is considering new measures in its final months in office to strengthen the nuclear agreement with Iran
- Iran Navy fleet enters Atlantic Ocean for first time Press TV 21 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says an Iranian naval fleet has entered the Atlantic Ocean for the first time after a port call in South Africa.
- Tehran to Construct New Naval Bases Amid Tensions With Washington Sputnik 21 Nov 2016 -- Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, commander of the Iranian Navy, announced Monday that Tehran will construct three bases and two large naval zones in the country's southeastern region along the Makran coast, near the Gulf of Oman and the Persian Gulf.
- AEOI Confirms Iran's Shipping of Heavy Water to Oman for Further Sale Sputnik 21 Nov 2016 -- Iran has transported heavy water to Oman for subsequent sale, Deputy Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Behrouz Kamalvandi said Sunday, confirming earlier media reports.
- Iran's surplus heavy water sent to Oman: AEOI Press TV 20 Nov 2016 -- The spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says that Tehran has transferred an amount of its surplus heavy water to Oman for commercial purposes.
- Vice President: Iran to speed up construction of new nuclear plants in Bushehr IRNA 19 Nov 2016 -- Vice President and Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said Iran is going to pace up construction operation of two new nuclear power plants in Bushehr by paying the first installment by end of current Iranian year (to end March 20, 2017).
- Leader appoints new Iranian Army second-in-command Press TV 19 Nov 2016 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has appointed Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan as the second-in-command of the Iranian Army.
- Iran, France stress JCPOA implementation Press TV 19 Nov 2016 -- Iran and France have laid emphasis on the full implementation of a nuclear agreement between the Islamic Republic and six other countries, including the European state.
- Iran fulfilling heavy water obligations under JCPOA: AEOI Press TV 18 Nov 2016 -- Iran has remained committed to its obligations, including those concerning its heavy water stockpiles, under last year's landmark nuclear agreement signed between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 group of countries, a senior Iranian nuclear official says.
- Iran Nuclear Deal Opponents to Trump: Don't 'Rip it Up' VOA 18 Nov 2016 -- Republicans and other long-time opponents of an international nuclear agreement with Iran have walked back calls to scrap the deal and are now urging the incoming Trump administration to stiffen it rather than unravel what President-elect Donald Trump once termed as "the worst deal ever negotiated."
- Giuliani's Past Dealings With Serbia, Iran, Russia Could Draw Scrutiny RFE/RL 17 Nov 2016 -- Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor who is said to be one of U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's leading candidates to become secretary of state, has had past dealings with foreign leaders and groups from Serbia to Russia and Iran that could draw scrutiny if he is nominated.
- US House passes bill to block commercial aircraft sales to Iran Press TV 17 Nov 2016 -- The US House of Representatives has voted to bar the sale of commercial Boeing and Airbus airplanes to Iran.
- P5+1 must avoid steps undermining nuclear deal: Iran IAEA envoy Press TV 17 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says the P5+1 group of countries should not take steps that would undermine the implementation process of last year's nuclear deal with the Islamic Republic.
- US Senate set to extend Iran sanctions: McConnell Press TV 17 Nov 2016 -- US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says that the legislative body is set to renew the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA) before the year ends.
- Iran to unveil Karrar tank, Saba-248 helicopter soon: Defense minister Press TV 16 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan says the country is set to unveil a new domestically-manufactured helicopter and an advanced tank in the near future.
- Supreme Leader: Iran not impressed by outcome of US election IRNA 16 Nov 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that the outcome of the US election makes no difference to Iran.
- Leader: Iran unimpressed by US election results Press TV 16 Nov 2016 -- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Iran is not worried by the results of the US presidential election, but it is prepared to face any eventuality.
- Iran overcame sanctions powerfully: President IRNA 16 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian nation passed the sanctions era powerfully, President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday.
- Iran to take pre-planned measurers if JCPOA is violated IRNA 16 Nov 2016 -- Iran will adopt pre-planned measures towards violation of Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, Secretary of Iranian Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani said.
- Defense minister: If US changes its policies, Iran will do the same IRNA 16 Nov 2016 -- Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan said on Wednesday that if the US changes its policies, the Islamic Republic of Iran will do the same.
- U.S. votes to renew sanctions on Iran ISNA 16 Nov 2016 -- The U.S. lawmakers passed bills on Tuesday renewing sanctions on Iran for 10 years , underscoring their determination to play a strong role in Middle East policy no matter who occupies the White House
- Senior Iranian official warns US against failing to comply with nuclear deal Press TV 16 Nov 2016 -- A senior Iranian official has warned the US against violating last year's nuclear agreement between Tehran and the P5+1 group of countries, saying any failure by Washington to abide by its commitments under the deal will cost it dearly.
- 'US renewed sanctions on Iran to violate JCPOA' Press TV 16 Nov 2016 -- The GOP-controlled US House of Representatives has passed a bill to renew sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran. This is while US President Barack Obama has advised the Republican-dominated Senate not to impose more sanctions on Iran after the historic nuclear agreement between Tehran and the six world powers, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Iran warns US after House moves to renew sanctions Press TV 16 Nov 2016 -- Senior Iranian officials have warned the US against renewing sanctions on Tehran after the House of Representatives passed a bill on Tuesday to restore the bans in breach of a nuclear accord.
- U.S. House Votes To Renew Iran Sanctions, Sanction Syria's Backers RFE/RL 16 Nov 2016 -- The U.S. House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved bipartisan legislation to renew a decades-old Iran sanctions law and impose new sanctions on supporters of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
- U.S. official says scraping nuclear deal , puts Trump in trouble with allies ISNA 16 Nov 2016 -- Former Deputy to US Secretary of State Mark Fitzpatrick urges the European leaders to prevent Trump from taking rash steps that would unravel the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.
- Spokesman: Iran welcomes ceasefire in Yemen, resuming intra-Yemeni talks IRNA 16 Nov 2016 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi on Wednesday welcomed ceasefire in Yemen and resuming intra-Yemeni peace talks.
- US President Obama reaffirms Iran's commitment to JCPOA IRNA 15 Nov 2016 -- American President Barack Obama confirmed Iran's commitment to the content of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- France believes Trump will not scrap JCPOA Press TV 15 Nov 2016 -- French President Francois Hollande says he doubts that US President-elect Donald Trump would scrap Iran's nuclear agreement made with world powers.
- Obama doubts Trump will scrap Iran deal Press TV 14 Nov 2016 -- US President Barack Obama says his successor Donald Trump is unlikely to change a nuclear deal reached between Iran and the P5+1 group.
- Iran defense might not open to talks, compromise: Qassemi Press TV 14 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman says the Islamic Republic's missile power is a matter of defense, which is not open to any negotiations or compromise at all.
- Iran, China sign agreement to boost defense-military cooperation Press TV 14 Nov 2016 -- Iran and China have signed an agreement to boost defense-military cooperation and fight terrorism.
- Iran to reciprocate violation of JCPOA by US: Secretary of EC IRNA 12 Nov 2016 -- Iran will reciprocate violation of Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action by US, Secretary of Iran's Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei said.
- Iran to act on par with US if JCPOA violated: Senior lawmaker Press TV 12 Nov 2016 -- A senior Iranian lawmaker says the Islamic Republic will act on par with the United States in case of any violation in the implementation of last year's nuclear agreement signed between Iran and the P5+1 group of countries.
- Ayatollah Khatami Demands Trump Apologize For Calling Iranians 'Terrorists' RFE/RL 12 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami warned U.S. President-elect Donald Trump not to play games with Iran, and said Trump should apologize to the Iranian people for calling them "terrorists" during his campaign.
- China defense minister to pay three-day visit to Iran Press TV 12 Nov 2016 -- China's Defense Minister General Chang Wanquan will pay an official three-day visit to Tehran to hold key talks with senior Iranian officials.
- Zarif: All parties should abide by their JCPOA commitments IRNA 11 Nov 2016 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said all parties should abide by their commitments to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- US says Iran is adhering to its commitments under JCPOA IRNA 11 Nov 2016 -- Deputy spokesman for the US State Department Mark Toner once again confirmed that Iran has been committed to its promises under the nuclear deal known as JCPOA.
- Iran cleric warns US against 'playing with fire' Press TV 11 Nov 2016 -- A senior Iranian cleric has warned the next president of the United States against repeating his predecessors' mistakes about Iran, saying Washington must avoid "playing with fire."
- Iran will take other options if JCPOA not honored: FM Press TV 11 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has reaffirmed the Islamic Republic's full commitment to last year's nuclear agreement with the six world powers but warned of "other options" at Tehran's disposal in case of failure to comply with the deal by other sides.
- Iran says Trump win not to jeopardize deals Press TV 11 Nov 2016 -- Iran says the election of Donald Trump as the new president of the United States will have no impacts on its industrial deals that it has sealed with global corporations.
- US president-elect not to accept Iran deal as it is: Advisor Press TV 11 Nov 2016 -- US President-elect Donald Trump will demand changes to the 2015 nuclear deal between the P5+1 group and Iran, one of his aides says.
- Iran Expects Trump To Accept Nuclear Deal 'Once Dust Settles' RFE/RL 11 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said he believes the next U.S. administration will accept the landmark nuclear deal signed by Tehran and world powers, despite U.S. President-elect Donald Trump pledging to "tear up" the agreement.
- U.S. Officials Say Trump Can Devastate Iran Nuclear Deal By Walking Away RFE/RL 11 Nov 2016 -- U.S. officials said on November 10 that President-elect Donald Trump can devastate Iran's nuclear deal with world powers by walking away from it as he has vowed to do.
- Iran has 'Other Options' if Trump Reneges on Nuclear Deal Sputnik 11 Nov 2016 -- Iran's foreign minister has said that the country has "other options" in the event that US President-elect Donald Trump follows through on his public statements to tear up the hard-won nuclear deal signed last year.
- Trump to Review Deal on Iran Nuclear Program - Foreign Policy Adviser Sputnik 11 Nov 2016 -- Trump's adviser on foreign policy Walid Phares said that US President-elect Donald Trump will take the agreement on nuclear deal with Iran, send it to Congress, demand from the Iranians to restore few issues or change few issues, and there will be a discussion.
- Top commander: Iran's missile power acts as deterrence force IRNA 10 Nov 2016 -- Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri underlined that Iran's missile power prevents the enemies from even thinking of attacking the country.
- Envoy: Amano's report shows Iran's commitment to nuclear deal IRNA 10 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Reza Najafi underlined that the new report published by IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano on Iran's nuclear activities verifies Iran's commitment to the nuclear deal.
- Kamalvandi: Trump cannot ignore JCPOA, Tehran ready for worst case IRNA 10 Nov 2016 -- A senior official with Iran's nuclear agency said that the Islamic Republic of Iran has prepared itself for the worst situation, adding that the US president-elect Donald Trump cannot neglect the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action and it has to abide by.
- Iran IAEA envoy: Latest report shows Iran's JCPOA commitment Press TV 09 Nov 2016 -- The Iranian ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says the UN agency's latest report once again confirms Iran's full commitment to the country's nuclear agreement with world powers.
- IAEA: Iran Again Exceeds Limits on Heavy Water VOA 09 Nov 2016 -- The United Nations atomic watchdog says Iran for a second time this year has exceeded a so-called "soft limit" on sensitive material that was agreed upon under its 2015 nuclear agreement with six world powers.
- Rouhani: US presidential election has no impact on Iran's foreign policy IRNA 09 Nov 2016 -- President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday that the US presidential election has no impact on Iran's foreign policy.
- Zarif: US duty-bound to stay committed to JCPOA IRNA 09 Nov 2016 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the US has to stay faithful to its commitments towards the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- US should review its regional policy: Spokesman IRNA 09 Nov 2016 -- US should review its regional policy, Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said in reaction to the US presidential election result.
- Iran exercises prudence in JCPOA: President Rouhani ISNA 09 Nov 2016 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said the US election would not affect the Islamic Republic of Iran's policies.
- The US must adhere to undertakings under JCPOA: Zarif ISNA 09 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif referred to the US presidential election and said the country must adhere to its undertakings under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.
- Iranian President Says 'No Possibility' For Trump To Dismantle Nuclear Deal RFE/RL 09 Nov 2016 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani says there is "no possibility" for Tehran's nuclear deal with world powers to be overturned by U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, despite Trump's threat to do so.
- Trump 'Cannot Abandon US Obligations Under Iran Nuclear Deal or Annul It' Sputnik 09 Nov 2016 -- The new US president is unlikely to abandon the Iran nuclear deal, an Iranian expert in international affairs told Sputnik, stressing that the Islamic Republic of Iran has already been proven to be a cooperative and trustworthy partner.
- Qasemi: US upcoming govt. should be committed to JCPOA IRNA 07 Nov 2016 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi said on Monday that the upcoming US government should remain committed to its pledges with regards to the Implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
- Iran Navy fleet heading for Atlantic Ocean for first time Press TV 07 Nov 2016 -- Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says an Iranian naval fleet is planning to head for the Atlantic Ocean for the first time after a port call in South Africa.
- Next US administration bound by JCPOA: Iran Press TV 07 Nov 2016 -- Iran has warned that upcoming changes in the United States administration must not affect Washington's commitment to a 2015 nuclear deal with Iran.
- IRGC deputy commander: Iran's deterrent might is very destructive IRNA 05 Nov 2016 -- Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Hossein Salami said on Saturday that Iran's deterrent might is very destructive against any type of aggression and is to give a crushing response to the enemies.
- Iran will "send nuclear deal to museum" if US fails to keep its pledges: IRGC Dy CDR IRNA 03 Nov 2016 -- If the US fails to honor its commitments under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), Iran will send it to museum and return to the first point, according to an IRGC official.
- Supreme Leader: Iran will steer clear of US, talks with US bring nothing IRNA 02 Nov 2016 -- Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that Iran will steer clear of the US and that negotiations with the United States brought nothing.
- Iran's Armed Forces will never be caught off guard: Senior cmdr. Press TV 02 Nov 2016 -- A senior Iranian commander says "Iran's Armed Forces will never be caught off guard" by any threats.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list