Istanbul to Host Next Iran-Six Nuclear Talks July 3
22:46 19/06/2012 MOSCOW, June 19 (RIA Novosti) - New talks over Iran’s nuclear energy ambitions between Iran and the Group 5+1 will be held in Istanbul on July 3, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said late on Tuesday.
The Moscow talks including the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany (5+1) ended on Tuesday. EU foreign policy Chief Catherine Ashton headed up the Group 5+1 delegation and Iran's team of negotiators was headed by Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Secretary Saeed Jalili. On Monday, Catherine Ashton said that the talks in Moscow were more constructive than previous talks in Baghdad had been.
“A new meeting of the Group 5+1 over Iran has been agreed. The next meeting is scheduled for July 3 and will be held in Istanbul,” Ryabkov said.
The head of Iran's delegation, Saeed Jalili, said the world community must acknowledge that Tehran has the right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes and called for sanctions against the Islamic Republic be removed.
"It is crucial to emphasize that Iran has the right to the peaceful enrichment of uranium...But we are, however, expect that the measures taken against Iran will be removed," Jalili said after the two-day round ended in Moscow.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|