US General statements 'unmeasured"
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, Jan 11, IRNA -- Latest comments made by a senior US commander about attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities were “unmeasured and irresponsible,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mihman-Parast said Monday.
He made the remarks reacting to the comments made by head of the US Central Command (Centcom) General David Petraeus who claimed on January 10 during an interview with CNN that Iran’s nuclear infrastructure could be bombed.
Speaking to IRNA, Mihman-Parast advised US officials to be careful about their comments on Iran’s nuclear issue and try to talk within a “constructive framework.”
Referring to the issue of supplying nuclear fuel for Tehran’s Research Reactor, the spokesman said Iran’s position was the same as was previously announced by the Iranian officials.
Tehran has voiced readiness to exchange nuclear fuel for Tehran reactor “in different batches.”
“If the other sides have the same readiness and take primary steps to this end, then it will be time to discuss other details about setting the place of the fuel exchange as well as other related issues,” Mihman-parast added.
He stressed that attracting Iran’s trust by other sides as well as providing necessary guarantees for the fuel exchange were major factors leading to exchange of nuclear fuel by Iran.
End News / IRNA / News Code 890621
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|