French FM: Iran's response to Group 5+1 proposal to be examined
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Paris, Aug 23, IRNA
French Foreign Minister Filippe Douste Blazie on Wednesday said that Iran's response to the proposal of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) plus Germany (5+1 group) will be examined.
The minister made the remark in an interview with the Second French TV Channel.
Blazie said, "Iranian officials have called for holding talks.
We will consider Iran's response and will express our view after consulting with our European partners, Russia, the US and China.
Iran's Supreme National Security Council Secretary, Ali Larijani, presented Iran's response to the proposed package of the 5+1 group on August 22, as previously promised.
After presenting Iran's response, Larijani said, "In most cases where ambiguities existed, we tried to pave the way for fair negotiation on Iran's nuclear issue through rational and positive interpretation."
The SNSC secretary said that Iran has proposed a constructive approach to the 5+1 group and is prepared to enter into serious talks on the matter.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|