Elham: Moves to create insecurity in domestic scene underway
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, May 22, IRNA
Government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham here Monday said that there are attempts currently being made to foment insecurity in the domestic scene under foreign incitement aimed at undermining the government's plans and objectives.
Speaking to reporters at his weekly press briefing, he said that measures taken by government to thwart these attempts will be made known once they are confronted.
Elham said that the government is using its facilities to the fullest to maintain security in eastern Iran, adding that the public has been partially informed of measures that have been taken to confront the threat.
"Given the importance of security, the government is doing its best to defend the country," added the government spokesman.
Asked about the eight persons taken hostage in Tasoki, Zabol in Sistan-Baluchestan province, he said that efforts to seek their release is still underway and will continue.
Concerning the four Iranian diplomats kidnapped by the Zionist regime, he said that a special committee headed by the vice- president is continuing efforts to find their whereabouts.
He pointed to the diplomatic measures taken so far, including discussions with officials in charge of the world organization, UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|