Asefi: Iran prepared to discuss its nuclear activities with EU
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, Aug 20, IRNA
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi here Saturday declared Iran's readiness for holding dialogue with Europe on resumption of atomic activity in Natanz and other nuclear facilities.
Speaking to reporters, he added that Iran will not accept any condition for starting negotiation on the issue and that discussion about Isfahan Uranium Conversion Facility (UCF) is already over.
Justifying the performance of Iran's nuclear team, he noted that the new Secretary of Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Larijani will undoubtedly continue the usual policy hoping for his success.
Dismissing the Europeans claim about Iran's violation of Paris Agreement, Asefi said that according to the document, the activities of Isfahan nuclear facilities were suspended voluntarily and have been resumed voluntarily.
"Given that Europeans interpret the Paris Agreement unilaterally, we would like to recommend them to review it once more to understand that they themselves have violated the agreement.
Meanwhile, Asefi called on Europeans to review their proposal to Iran once more to notice that it contains no positive point.
"Iran has gone through European's proposal to Iran and has found no remarkable point in it," added the official.
Concerning the rumors about revising the Europeans proposal to Iran, he said that no definite scheme has been brought up on the issue so far.
"If the Europeans intend to draw up a new proposal, Iran's rights should be included in it. Then we are prepared to receive such a proposal," he added.
About the claims of the terrorist Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO) on Iran's nuclear activity, he said that this is not unprecedented, as the terrorist group occasionally makes comments about some issues.
"I believe that some of the European countries which have given refuge to MKO members are to be blamed, given that on various occasions they mislead them and cause problems for the host countries," he added.
Turning to the reports released by BBC and the Wall Street Journal quoting deputy head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO) Mohammad Sai'di as saying that if a military attack is launched on Iran's nuclear installations it will close Hormuz Strait, he said that the piece of news has been imprecise and misinterpreted.
In response to a question about some differences of opinions on the process of drawing up the Constitution in Iraq, he said that Iran will support any measure taken in line with Iraq's unity and integration.
He declared that Iranian officials believe that Iraq's territorial integrity and integration.
"Any move aiming to raise question on integrity of Iraq and its disintegration is rejected by Iran and will not be tolerated," added Asefi.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|