Ahmadinejad announces cabinet to Majlis
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
Tehran, Aug 14, IRNA
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in a letter here Sunday morning announced his cabinet to the Majlis.
The letter includes, the list of nominees, their biographies and the program of the government.
The list of the proposed cabinet ministers is as follows:
1. Minister of Education: Ali Akbar Ash'ari
2. Minister of Communications and Information Technology:
3. Minister of Information: Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejeie 4. Minister of Economy: Davoud Danesh-Ja'fari
5. Minister of Foreign Affairs: Manouchehr Mottaki
6. Minister of Commerce: Masoud Mir-Kazemi
7. Minister of Health, Treatment and Medical Education: Kamran Baqeri Lankarani
8. Minister of Cooperatives: Ali-Reza Ali-Ahmadi
9. Minister of Agriculture Jihad: Mohammad-Reza Eskandari 10. Minister of Justice: Jamal Karimi-Rad
11. Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics: Mostafa Mohammad Najjar
12. Minister of Transportation: Mohammad Rahmati
13. Minister of Welfare and Social Security: Mehdi Hashemi 14. Minister of Industries and Mines: Ali-Reza Tahmasbi 15. Minister of Science, Research and Technology: Mohammad-Mehdi Zahedi
16. Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance: Mohammad-Hossein Saffar-Harandi
17. Minister of Labor and Social Affairs: Mohammad Jahromi 18. Minister of the Interior: Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi
19. Minister of Oil: Ali Saeedlou
20. Minister of Energy: Parviz Fattah
21: Minister of Housing and Urban Development: Mohammad Saeedi-Kia The Majlis will start debate on the credentials of the nominees and the outlines of the government program within a week to give votes of confidence to the cabinet ministers.
In case some candidates are rejected by the Majlis, the president must introduce new nominees within a period of 15 days.
President Ahmadinejad managed to win over 17 million votes as Iran's sixth president during the runoff elections held on June 24.
The Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei confirmed presidency of Ahmadinejad on August 3.
Ahmadinejad took the oath of office at the Islamic Consultative Assembly (Majlis) on Saturday, August 6.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|