Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2020 - India Special Weapons News
- In a landmark stride, India's Recovery Rate crosses 96%, one of the highest in the World India PIB 31 Dec 2020 -- India has crossed a significant milestone in its fight against COVID. National Recovery rate has crossed 96% (96.04%) today, one of the highest globally. The exponential rise in the recoveries has led to the improvement in the Recovery Rate.
- Centre asks States/UTs to gear up for roll out of COVID19 Vaccine India PIB 31 Dec 2020 -- With the objective of gearing up for the roll out of COVID19 vaccine across the country, the Central Government has asked all States and UTs to ensure effective preparedness for the vaccine roll out. Union Health Secretary Sh. Rajesh Bhushan today chaired a high-level meeting to review the preparedness at session sites for COVID-19 vaccination with Pr. Secretaries (Health), NHM MDs and other health administrators of all States/UTs through video conference.
- How the Domestic Medical Equipment Industry "Adapted, Evolved and Expanded" to meet COVID19 challenge in 2020 India PIB 31 Dec 2020 -- 2020 witnessed tremendous achievements in the medical supplies sector in the country. At the beginning of the pandemic, India was almost totally dependent on imported Ventilators, PPE Kits and N-95 Masks.
- Indian forces kill three Kashmiri men in Srinagar Press TV 31 Dec 2020 -- Indian security forces have killed three suspected militants during an exchange of gunfire in Srinagar, the main city of Indian-controlled Kashmir.
- Chinese, Indian militaries discuss holding ninth round of talks: Spokesperson PLA Daily 31 Dec 2020 -- China and India are holding consultations on the ninth round of Corps Commander Level Meeting, said Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, at a regular press conference on Thursday.
- MoD signs contract with BEL to supply indigenously developed 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for Indian Navy India PIB 31 Dec 2020 -- Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for procurement of 10 Lynx U2 Fire Control systems for frontline warships of Indian Navy at a cost of Rs 1,355 crore under Buy (Indian) category in New Delhi today. The Lynx system has been designed and developed indigenously that would further the 'Atmanirbhar Bharat' vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- BEL signs contract with Indian Navy for Initial supply of indigenously developed Laser Dazzlers India PIB 31 Dec 2020 -- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) has signed a contract with Indian Navy for initially supply 20 Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation Dazlers (Laser Dazzlers) in New Delhi today. The BEL had earlier this month won the contract beating global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in buy global category. These would be manufactured by BEL, Pune plant.
- 70 percent of all COVID-19 deaths in India are among men: health ministry People's Daily 30 Dec 2020 -- India's federal health ministry Tuesday said 70 percent of the 148,153 people who died due to COVID-19 in the country have been men.
- 20 persons found with the new mutant variant of SARS- CoV-2 virus reported from UK India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- Total of 20 persons have been found with the mutant variant of SARS- CoV-2 virus reported from UK. These include the six persons reported earlier (3 in NIMHANS, Bengaluru, 2 in CCMB, Hyderabad and 1 in NIV, Pune). 107 samples were tested in the 10 labs as indicated in the table below.
- Health Ministry recommends extension of temporary suspension of international flights from the UK to India till 7th Jan 2021 India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- The Health Ministry has recommended to the Ministry of Civil Aviation the extension of the temporary suspension of flights originating from UK into India to be further extended till 7th January (Thursday), 2021.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews status of Kala Azar in Four States of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare today chaired an event to review the status of the disease Kala-Azar in the four states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- Subject Expert Committee (SEC) meets to consider the EUA request from Pfizer, SII and Bharat Biotech India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- The Subject Expert Committee (SEC) in the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) met today in the afternoon to consider the Emergency Use Authorisation (EUA) request of Pfizer, Serum Institute of India (SII) and Bharat Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- India, China reach no 'meaningful result' from talks over border conflict Press TV 30 Dec 2020 -- India says no "meaningful" solution has been reached with China to a standoff over a section of their Himalayan border, despite several rounds of diplomatic and military talks that were held to de-escalate the border tensions between the nuclear armed neighbors.
- Maiden Flight Trial of SAHAYAK-NG, Air Droppable Container India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) along with Indian Navy conducted the successful maiden test trial of 'SAHAYAK-NG' India's first indigenously designed and developed Air Dropped Container from IL 38SD aircraft (Indian Navy) off the coast of Goa.
- Induction of Indigenous Bridging System into the Indian Army India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- In continuation of efforts towards Atmanirbharta andin close coordination with the private industry and DRDO, the Indian Army has inducted three sets of 10-metre short span bridges, which were formally handed over on 29 December 2020 at the Talegaon facility of Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- Cabinet Approves Export of Akash Missile System and Creates a Committee for faster Approval of Exports India PIB 30 Dec 2020 -- Under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat, India is growing in its capabilities of manufacturing wide variety of Defence platforms and missiles. Akash is country's important missile with over 96 percent indigenisation.
- India's Highest Weather Forecasting Centre to Help Army Boost Its Strategic Power in Himalayas Sputnik 30 Dec 2020 -- Leh-Ladakh has a complex mountain terrain with an annual rainfall of less than 10 centimetres, making it the world's highest cold desert. The place has a very harsh and extreme climate and experiences various kinds of calamities, often leading to loss of life and property.
- India scales a landmark peak- Less than 16,500 daily New Cases recorded; lowest in 187 days India PIB 29 Dec 2020 -- With a sustained, pro-active and calibrated strategy based on 'whole of government' and whole of society' approach, India has surpassed a crucial milestone in its fight against the global pandemic today. The daily new cases have touched a new low today.
- Dry run for COVID-19 Vaccination successfully conducted in Four states India PIB 29 Dec 2020 -- Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare conducted a two-day dry run for activities entailed in Covid-19 vaccination in four states Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Gujarat on 28th and 29th December 2020.
- Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) Labs release initial results of Genome sequencing of mutant variant of SARS-CoV-2 India PIB 29 Dec 2020 -- Government of India took cognizance of the reports of mutant variant of SARS- CoV-2 virus reported from UK and put in place a pro-active and preventive strategy to detect and contain the mutant variant.
- 'British Virus' detected in the Indian subcontinent as it spreads around the world Press TV 29 Dec 2020 -- The new variant of the coronavirus â€“ dubbed the "British Virus" â€“ is continuing to spread around the world, causing panic and disruption in the process.
- MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT SIHANOUKVILLE, CAMBODIA India PIB 29 Dec 2020 -- Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at Sihanoukville Port, Cambodia on 29 December 2020 as part of ongoing Mission Sagar-III.
- India's Active Caseload continues to decline, stands at 2.77 lakh today India PIB 28 Dec 2020 -- The ongoing trend of contraction of India's total active cases continues. The active caseload of the country stands at 2,77,301 today. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 2.72%.
- India Begins Dry Run For COVID-19 Vaccine Immunisation Sputnik 28 Dec 2020 -- India, which has been preparing for the mass vaccination of its 1.3 billion population, has yet to announce when the campaign will kick off. Meanwhile, the country has confirmed 22,272 new cases of the coronavirus over the past 24 hours, with the total number of those infected having reached 10,169,118.
- Landmark peak in India's Covid19 trajectory- Daily new cases drop to 18,732 after 6 months India PIB 27 Dec 2020 -- India has scaled a significant peak in the fight against the global pandemic.
- India reports less than 30K Daily New Cases continuously for last 13 days India PIB 26 Dec 2020 -- The exponential rise in recoveries in tandem with lower daily new cases has resulted in consistent decline in the active cases and low mortality. Total recovered cases are nearing 97.5 lakh (97,40,108) today. India's cumulative recoveries are highest in the world.
- National Task Force Discusses testing, treatment and surveillance strategies for COVID-19 in view of the new virus strain from UK India PIB 26 Dec 2020 -- A meeting of the National Task Force (NTF) on COVID-19 was convened today by ICMR under co-chairpersonship of Prof. Vinod Paul, Member Niti Aayog and Prof. Balram Bhargava, Secretary, Deptt. of Health Research & Director General ICMR. The meeting was also attended by Prof. Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS; Director General Health Services (DGHS); Drug Controller General of India (DCGI); Director, National Center for Disease Control (NCDC); other representatives from Ministry of Health and ICMR as well as independent subject experts.
- Asia's largest slum in Mumbai reports zero COVID-19 case after 267 days People's Daily 26 Dec 2020 -- Asia's largest slum in India's financial capital Mumbai drew a blank score for fresh COVID-19 cases on Friday for the first time after 267 days, after it reported the first case on April 1 this year.
- India's COVID-19 tally rises to 10,146,845, S.Korea reports highest daily caseload of 1,241 infections People's Daily 26 Dec 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread in Asia-Pacific countries as India registered 23,067 new cases on Friday while South Korea reported its highest daily caseload.
- Indian state withdraws COVID-19 related night curfew following public outcry People's Daily 25 Dec 2020 -- Following public outcry, India's south western state of Karnataka on Thursday withdrew the night curfew imposed amid fears of the new COVID-19 strain.
- India's Active Caseload of 2.81 lakh now only 2.78% of Total Cases India PIB 25 Dec 2020 -- India's active caseload has further slipped under 3% today, comprising merely 2.78% of the total cases.
- Central Government gears up for roll out of COVID19 Vaccine India PIB 25 Dec 2020 -- The Central Government is gearing up for the roll out of COVID19 vaccine across the country. As the vaccine administrators will play an important role in the vaccination process, training of trainers and those who shall administer the vaccine has been taken up across various States.
- India's Active Caseload continues to decline, stands at 2.83 lakh today India PIB 24 Dec 2020 -- The ongoing trend of contraction of India's total active cases continues. The active caseload of the country stands at 2,83,849 today. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 2.80%.
- MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT HO CHI MINH CITY India PIB 24 Dec 2020 -- Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City on 24 December 2020 as part of Mission Sagar-III. This Mission is part of India's Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
- Chinese Actions Awaken 'The Quad': A Four-Country Indo-Pacific Grouping Radio Free Asia 23 Dec 2020 -- The Economist magazine recently reported that when the United States, Australia, India, and Japan met in 2007 for a quadrilateral dialogue on security matters, many bet that the new grouping would "fizzle."
- At less than 3% of Total Cases, India's Active Caseload of 2.89 lakh continues to retreat India PIB 23 Dec 2020 -- The ongoing trend of contraction of India's total active cases continues. The active caseload of the country stands at 2,89,240 today. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 2.86%.
- Ministry of Health issued Standard Operating Procedure for Epidemiological Surveillance and Response in the context of new variant of SARS-CoV-2 virus detected in United Kingdom India PIB 23 Dec 2020 -- A new variant of SARS- CoV 2 virus [Variant Under Investigation (VUI)-20212/01] has been reported by the Government of United Kingdom (UK) to World Health Organization (WHO) .
- Union Health Secretary reviews the status of passengers coming from UK to India and found positive with 10 States/UTs where the flights from UK to India land India PIB 23 Dec 2020 -- Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary, reviewed the status of passengers coming from UK to India and found positive in the States/UTs of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Goa, Punjab, Gujarat and Kerala and their response measures in a meeting held through Video Conferencing today, in the presence of DG, ICMR, Health Secretaries from the States/UT, NHM MD,Ms Arti Ahuja, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Health , Dr Sujeet Singh, Director, NCDC, and other senior health officials.
- COVID-19 incidence falls in India, says federal health ministry People's Daily 23 Dec 2020 -- The incidence of COVID-19 is continuously falling in India as the total active caseload fell below 300,000 mark on Tuesday and touched its lowest in past 163 days.
- Successful Maiden Launch of MRSAM India PIB 23 Dec 2020 -- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) achieved a major milestone today with the maiden launch of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM), Army Version from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the Coast of Odisha around 1600 hrs. The missile completely destroyed a high speed unmanned aerial target which was mimicking an aircraft with a direct hit.
- India Conducts Trials of Medium Range Surface-to-Air Barak-8 Missile for Army Sputnik 23 Dec 2020 -- The army version of the medium range surface-to-air missile is developed by India's state-funded Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in partnership with Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).
- India's Active Caseload slumps below 3 lakh; lowest in 163 days India PIB 22 Dec 2020 -- India has registered several landmark achievements in the fight against the global pandemic today.
- Sustained shedding of Active Caseload continues; drops to 3.03 Lakh after 161 days India PIB 21 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has dropped to 3.03 lakh (3,03,639) today. This is the lowest in 161 days. The total active cases were 3,01,609 on 13th July, 2020.
- Indian health minister says first COVID-19 vaccine may be available in January People's Daily 21 Dec 2020 -- Indian Health Minister Harsh Vardhan Monday said the COVID-19 vaccine may be available in the country in January next year.
- India's COVID-19 tally rises to 10,055,560 People's Daily 21 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 10,055,560 on Monday while 24,337 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, according to the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- India Reports 24,000 New COVID-19 Cases, 333 Deaths SPA 21 Dec 2020 -- With 24,337 new coronavirus infections and 333 deaths in the past 24 hours, India's overall tally stood at 10,055,560 on Monday.
- Pakistan Implicitly Warns of Destructive 'Final Battle' if Attacked by India VOA 21 Dec 2020 -- Pakistan on Monday cautioned rival India against any military aggression, saying it could spiral into a mutually destructive "final battle" between the nuclear-armed South Asian neighbors.
- On a steady downhill, India's Active Caseload further drops to 3.05 Lakh India PIB 20 Dec 2020 -- India's trajectory of active cases continues to follow a steadily dipping path. The total Active Caseload has dropped to 3.05 lakh (3,05,344) today.
- On a steady decline, India's Active Caseload further contracts to 3.08 Lakh India PIB 19 Dec 2020 -- Steadily following the trend set over the past few weeks, India's active caseload has fallen to 3.09% of the total active cases.
- India Crosses 10M Mark as Infections Slow VOA 19 Dec 2020 -- Even as new infections slip to the lowest levels in three months, on Saturday, India crossed the 10 million mark of total infections since the pandemic began, second behind the U.S. mark of 17 million, according to Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.
- India's Total Recovered Cases cross landmark peak of 95 lakhs India PIB 18 Dec 2020 -- India has registered a landmark achievement in the fight against the global pandemic today. The ongoing trend of exponential increment in India's total recoveries continues. The total recovered cases of the country have crossed a crucial peak of 95 lakh (95,20,827).
- India's COVID-19 tally almost 10 million People's Daily 18 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally has almost touched 10 million as it reached 9,979,447 on Friday.
- U.S.-Australia-India-Japan Consultations ("The Quad") Senior Officials Meeting US Dept. of State 18 Dec 2020 -- Senior officials from the United States, Australia, India, and Japan met virtually today as part of regular Quad consultations to advance a free, open, and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.â€Ż Today's meeting followed the productive discussions held in Tokyo during the second Quad Foreign Ministers' Meeting on October 6, 2020.
- Pakistan Charges India Is Planning Cross-border Military Attack VOA 18 Dec 2020 -- Pakistan charged Friday that its archrival India was plotting to stage a cross-border military assault against the Islamic nation, warning such an attempt would destabilize the region with "catastrophic consequences."
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh hands over DRDO systems to Armed Forces Chiefs India PIB 18 Dec 2020 -- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh today handed over three indigenously developed Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) systems to Army, Navy and Air Force at a function held in DRDO Bhawan.
- Daily Recoveries outnumbering daily New Cases ensure steep upward trajectory of the Recovery Rate India PIB 17 Dec 2020 -- With focussed strategy and proactive as well as calibrated measures of the Union Government along with the States and UTs, India has sustained a very high Recovery Rate along with rapidlydecliningActive Cases and low mortality rate.
- India's COVID-19 tally nears 10 mln People's Daily 17 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,956,557 on Thursday, as 24,010 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- Big boost to Make in India: Defence Acquisition Council headed by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approves proposals to procure equipment worth Rs 27,000 cr from domestic industry India PIB 17 Dec 2020 -- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) in its meeting, today held under the Chairmanship of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approved Capital Acquisition proposals of various Weapons/Platforms/Equipment/Systems required by the Indian Army, the Indian Navy and the Indian Air Force at an approximate overall cost of Rs. 28,000 Cr.
- 35TH EDITION OF INDIA - INDONESIA COORDINATED PATROL India PIB 17 Dec 2020 -- The 35th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy is being conducted from 17 to 18 December 2020.
- India's Active Caseload continues to decline, stands at 3.32 lakh today India PIB 16 Dec 2020 -- The ongoing trend of contraction of India's total active cases continues. The active caseload of the country stands at 3,32,002. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 3.34%.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9.9 mln, Indonesia reports 6,120 new cases People's Daily 16 Dec 2020 -- Confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths continued to climb in Asia-Pacific on Tuesday, as India recorded 22,065 new cases, taking the total to 9,906,165, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9,906,165, with 22,065 new cases People's Daily 15 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,906,165 on Tuesday as 22,065 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- India registers another landmark achievement: National Recovery Rate crosses 95%, one of the highest in the World India PIB 15 Dec 2020 -- India has achieved several significant milestones in its fight against COVID.
- UK Foreign Secretary sets out ambition for closer relationship with India UK FCDO 15 Dec 2020 -- Dominic Raab met India's Minister for External Affairs in New Delhi to set out the UK's ambition for a stronger UK-India relationship over the next 10 years.
- Foreign Secretary's visit to India: joint press conference opening statement, 15 December 2020 UK FCDO 15 Dec 2020 -- In Delhi with India's Minister of External Affairs Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Dominic Raab spoke about our shared plans for a closer UK-India relationship.
- India's Active Caseload further contracts to 3.52Lakhs; lowest in 149 days India PIB 14 Dec 2020 -- India's active cases today stand at 3,52,586.The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 3.57%. This is lowest after 149 days. The total active cases were 3,58,692 on 18thJuly, 2020
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9,884,100 as Delhi's death toll crosses 10,000 People's Daily 14 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,884,100 on Monday even as 27,071 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, the latest data from the federal health ministry showed.
- Launch of 'Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan' is a "Watershed" moment in the economic history of India : Raksha Mantri India PIB 14 Dec 2020 -- Addressing the 93rd Annual Convention of Industry body FICCI, through video conferencing in New Delhi Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh said the Covid-19 pandemic has brought many new challenges to the country and the government has taken various steps to mitigate its adverse impacts concerning both lives and livelihoods. Utmost priority has been given first to save lives and the Medical Fraternity made every possible effort to minimise the loss of lives, he said.
- LAUNCH OF 2nd PROJECT 17A SHIP 'HIMGIRI' India PIB 14 Dec 2020 -- Himgiri', the first of the three Project 17A ships being built at M/s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), Kolkata was launched today, 14 Dec 20.
- India's Active Caseload further retracts to 3.62% of Total Cases India PIB 13 Dec 2020 -- Steadily following the trend set over the past few weeks, India's active caseload has fallen to 3.62% of the total active cases.
- India's Sustained decline of Active Caseload continues; drops below 3.6 Lakh India PIB 12 Dec 2020 -- India's trajectory of active cases continues to follow a steadily dipping path. The total Active Caseload has dropped below 3.6 lakh (3,59,819) today.
- India reports landmark achievement: Active Caseload drops to 3.63 Lakh after 146 days India PIB 11 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has significantly dropped to 3.63 lakh (3,63,749) today. This is the lowest after 146 days. The total active cases were 3,58,692 on 18th July, 2020.
- Exponential rise in India's testing; Cumulative tests cross 15 Cr India PIB 10 Dec 2020 -- India has crossed yet another landmark milestone in the fight against the global pandemic. The cumulative testing has crossed 15 Cr.
- Pakistani army on high alert amid reports of Indian plan to conduct surgical raid Press TV 10 Dec 2020 -- Pakistan's army has been put on high alert after reports alleged India was preparing to launch an attack on the de facto border that divides the disputed Kashmir region between the two countries.
- Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) India PIB 10 Dec 2020 -- Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters.
- At less than 4% of Total Cases, Indiaâ€™s Active Caseload of 3.78 lakh continues to retreat India PIB 09 Dec 2020 -- The ongoing trend of contraction of Indiaâ€™s total active cases continues. The active caseload of the country stands at 3,78,909. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 3.89%.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9,735,850, death toll at 141,360 People's Daily 09 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,735,850 on Wednesday as 32,080 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, while the death toll mounted to 141,360 with 402 new deaths, according to the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- Pakistan: Kashmir Border Clashes with India Kill 2 Pakistani Troops VOA 09 Dec 2020 -- Pakistan said Wednesday that two of its soldiers had been killed in â€śintenseâ€ť military clashes with India in disputed Kashmir.
- India records lowest daily New Cases after a gap of 5 months India PIB 08 Dec 2020 -- India has achieved a significant milestone in its fight against COVID. The new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours have fallen below 27,000 (26,567) for the first time after nearly 5 months. The new cases were 26,506 last on 10th July, 2020.
- Pfizer, SII seeks emergency use authorisation for COVID-19 vaccine in India People's Daily 08 Dec 2020 -- Two vaccine manufacturers -- Pfizer and Serum Institute of India (SII) -- have applied for the emergency use authorisation for COVID-19 vaccine with Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), officials said Monday.
- India's crosses a significant milestone-Active Caseload falls below 4 Lakhs after 140 days India PIB 07 Dec 2020 -- India has reported a landmark achievement today. India's total Active Caseload has fallen below the 4 lakh mark today to 3,96,729. This number translates to just 4.1% of total cases. This is the lowest after 140 days. The total active cases were 3,90,459 on 20thJuly, 2020.
- India in the forefront of developing COVID-19 vaccines: Dr Harsh Vardhan India PIB 07 Dec 2020 -- Dr Harsh Vardhan at the India-Portugal Technology Summit2020 "The next iteration of this collaboration will be to encourage new solutions based on cutting edge technologies such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence".
- Pfizer seeks emergency use of COVID-19 vaccine in India Press TV 06 Dec 2020 -- Pfizer India has become the first pharmaceutical firm to seek an emergency use authorization for its COVID-19 vaccine in India, which has the second highest number of coronavirus infections.
- India's Active Caseload further contracts to 4.03 Lakh after 138 days India PIB 06 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has significantly fallen to 4.03 lakh (4,03,248) today. This is the lowest after 138 days. The total active cases were 4,02,529 on 21st July, 2020.
- Plans of UK, India to deploy aircraft carriers against China of 'no military significance' Global Times 06 Dec 2020 -- China's surroundings could soon be infested with foreign aircraft carriers targeting China, with the latest media reports saying the UK is planning to send an aircraft carrier strike group to the western Pacific as soon as early 2021, while India is eyeing the development of a third aircraft carrier.
- Sustained decline of Active Caseload continues; drops below 4.10 Lakh after 136 days India PIB 05 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload has dropped below 4.10 lakh (4,09,689) today. This is the lowest after 136 days. The total active cases were 4,11,133, on 22nd July, 2020.
- India's Active Caseload further dips to 4.35% of Total Cases India PIB 04 Dec 2020 -- India's active caseload has fallen to 4.35% mark today from 4.44% yesterday.
- PM holds All Party Meeting to discuss Covid-19 vaccination strategy India PIB 04 Dec 2020 -- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the All Party Meeting today via video conferencing to discuss the Covid-19 vaccination strategy in India. The meeting was also attended by the Union Defence Minister, Union Home Minister, Union Finance Minister, Union Minister for Rural Development, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment and Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs.
- Passage Exercise (PASSEX) between Russian Federation Navy and Indian Navy in Eastern Indian Ocean Region India PIB 04 Dec 2020 -- The Indian Navy (IN) is undertaking a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Russian Federation Navy (RuFN) in the Eastern Indian Ocean Region (IOR) from 4 to 5 December 2020.
- Daily Recoveries outnumbering daily New Cases ensures steady decline in the Active Caseload India PIB 03 Dec 2020 -- India has reported more daily recoveries than the daily new cases during the past 24 hours. While 35,551 persons were found to be infected with COVID in India, during the same period, India has registered 40,726 new recoveries. It has led to a net decline of 5,701 cases from the total Active Caseload in the last 24 hours.
- China's Tibetan Hydropower Plan Sparks Worries Among Downstream Countries Radio Free Asia 03 Dec 2020 -- Plans by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to begin construction of a new dam and hydropower project on the Yarlung Tsangpo River, which becomes the Brahmaputra River in India and Bangladesh, have sparked concerns over massive environmental destruction, social impact and downstream water shortages, experts have told RFA.
- China has right to develop Yarlung Zangbo River, to stay in touch with India, Bangladesh: Chinese FM Global Times 03 Dec 2020 -- It is China's legitimate right to develop the hydropower of Yarlung Zangbo River, Chinese foreign ministry said on Thursday, noting that China will stay in touch with India, Bangladesh through existing channels.
- India Coronavirus Cases Stay Below 50k for 25th Straight Day SPA 02 Dec 2020 -- India's daily coronavirus cases continued to stay below the 50,000 mark for the 25th straight day, with 36,604 new infections reported, data from the health ministry showed on Wednesday, according to Reuters.
- India's COVID-19 tally reaches 9,499,413 Global Times 02 Dec 2020 -- India's COVID-19 tally reached 9,499,413 on Wednesday as 36,604 new cases were registered during the past 24 hours, said the latest data from the federal health ministry.
- India's Active Caseload drops to 4.28 Lakh after 132 days India PIB 02 Dec 2020 -- India's total Active Caseload had significantly dropped to 4.28 lakh (4,28,644) today. This is the lowest after 132 days. The total active cases were 4,26,167 on 23rd July, 2020.
- Health Ministry releases SOP on Preventive Measures in Markets to contain spread of COVID-19 India PIB 02 Dec 2020 -- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has issued Standard operating Procedures (SOPs) on the preventive and precautionary measures to be followed to contain the spread of COVID19 in the country. These are as follows:
- Vice Chief of the Army Staff Addresses Bangladesh National Defence College on Security Challenges Post COVID -19 Pandemic India PIB 02 Dec 2020 -- Lt Gen SK Saini, the Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS) addressed the participants of National Defence Course Bangladesh on "Security Challenges Post COVID â€“ 19 Pandemic" via a virtual platform on 02 December 2020. Earlier in his career, the VCOAS had attended the National Defence College Bangladesh in 2011. The address covered the impact of Corona virus on the emerging world and focused on its impact on military, the security challenges and his views on ways and means to tackle them.
- India's Active Caseload further contracts to 4.35 Lakhs India PIB 01 Dec 2020 -- India's active cases today stand at 4,35,603, much below the 5-lakh mark. The share of Active Cases in the total Positive Cases has further shrunk to 4.60%.
- Joint Statement of the U.S.-India Counternarcotics Working Group US Dept. of State 01 Dec 2020 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America and the Republic of India.
- India fumes as OIC urges rescission of 'illegal' Kashmir move Press TV 01 Dec 2020 -- India has been angered by a resolution recently passed by the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) that rejects New Delhi's decision to revoke Kashmir's autonomy.
- Successful Test Firing of BrahMos by Indian Navy India PIB 01 Dec 2020 -- BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile in Anti-Ship mode was successfully test fired today at 0900 hrs against a decommissioned Ship. The test firing was carried out by Indian Navy. The missile performed highly complex manoeuvres and hit Bull's eye of the target.
- India Successfully Test-Fires BrahMos Missile in Bay of Bengal, Reports Say Sputnik 01 Dec 2020 -- The Indian Navy successfully test-fired the BrahMos cruise missile from destroyer INS Ranvijay in the Bay of Bengal on Tuesday, which has become the fourth test of the missile the country has jointly developed with Russia in the last eight days, Kalinga TV reported.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list