Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2020 - India Special Weapons News
- Remarks by President Trump at a Business Roundtable | New Delhi, India The White House 26 Feb 2020
- Indian Prime Minister Appeals for Calm After Deadly Riots Wrack New Delhi VOA 26 Feb 2020 -- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is appealing for calm after three days of deadly clashes between Hindus and Muslim groups in the Indian capital left at least 23 people dead and more than 200 injured.
- US, India agree on military deal worth $3 billion: Trump Press TV 25 Feb 2020 -- In India, US President Donald Trump has talked of an agreement between New Delhi and Washington for the purchase of American military equipment, including attack helicopters, worth more than $3 billion.
- Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Modi of India Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 25 Feb 2020
- Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Modi of India in Joint Press Statement The White House 25 Feb 2020
- Remarks by President Trump at a Namaste Trump Rally The White House 24 Feb 2020
- Trump Announces Military Deal With India, Expresses Optimism For Trade Pact VOA 24 Feb 2020 -- President Donald Trump said Monday the United States will sign an agreement to sell $3 billion worth of U.S. helicopters and other equipment to India's military.
- Pakistan-India crossing is a 'Corridor of Hope', UN chief says, wraps up visit with call for interfaith dialogue UN News 18 Feb 2020 -- UN Secretary-General António Guterres on Tuesday said he had been moved by the show of religious unity he had witnessed in Pakistan after paying visits to a mosque, a Sikh temple and Kartarpur Corridor, the visa-free crossing which allows Sikhs to travel between nearby holy sites on each side of the India-Pakistan border.
- UN Chief Hails New Pakistan-India Crossing as 'Corridor of Hope' VOA 18 Feb 2020 -- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres hailed as the "symbol of interfaith harmony" an overland passage Pakistan recently opened for Sikh devotees from India to pay a visa-free homage to one of their holiest sites.
- P-8I Naval Jets Were Deployed to Track Chinese Troops in Doklam Face-Off - Indian Chief of Defence Sputnik 17 Feb 2020 -- In 2017, the two-and-a-half-month standoff between Indian and Chinese troops in Doklam region - a tri-junction at the border which separates India, Bhutan, and China - commenced after Indian troops objected to Chinese road construction.
- 'Exclusion of Women is Unjustified': Supreme Court of India Rules Ladies Can Command Army Units Sputnik 17 Feb 2020 -- The Indian government has held against women commanding posts in the Army on the grounds that "troops are not yet mentally schooled to accept women officers in command".
- India - Integrated Air Defense Weapon System (IADWS) and Related Equipment and Support DSCA 10 Feb 2020 -- The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to India of an Integrated Air Defense Weapon System (IADWS) for an estimated cost of $1.867 billion. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale on February 7, 2020.
- India Unveils Domestically Developed Anti-Ship Missile for Naval Helicopters, Warships Sputnik 06 Feb 2020 -- The Indian Navy deploys short-range anti-ship missiles on its frigates and destroyers. But for longer-range targets, it has decided to equip all of its warships with the Indo-Russian BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
- India Has Begun Deployment of Spike Anti-Tank Missiles along Pakistan's Border, Says Army Chief Sputnik 06 Feb 2020 -- India has strengthened its military power along its border with arch-rival Pakistan by deploying its Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) and other weapons amid a rising number of ceasefire violations and the alleged infiltration of terrorists into India.
- Russia Negotiating Manufacture of 'Igla-S' Air Defence Systems in India - Military Sputnik 06 Feb 2020 -- Contracts are under negotiation to supply India with Russian-made Igla-S man-portable air defence missiles and to organize their production on Indian soil, an official representative of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation told reporters on Thursday.
- Three Terrorists, One Soldier Killed in Major Gunfight in Indian Kashmir Sputnik 05 Feb 2020 -- Last month, 21 terrorists and four security personnel were killed in 11 major encounters in Kashmir. Newly-appointed Indian Army vice Chief Lt. General Satinder Kumar Saini had claimed several terrorist staging grounds have been re-occupied in the Pakistan-administered Kashmir region.
- Official: Russia To Begin S-400 Missile Delivery To India By End Of 2021 RFE/RL 05 Feb 2020 -- Russia will begin delivering surface-to-air missile systems to India by the end of 2021, state news agency RIA Novosti quoted a Russian official as saying on February 5.
- India, Israel to Build 2000 kilo class Drones for Maritime, Land Based Military Operations Sputnik 05 Feb 2020 -- India's military is seeking to extend its use of drones for intelligence gathering, surveillance and reconnaissance .
- Russia, India Extend Licensed Manufacturing of T-90S Tanks Until 2028 - Trade Minister Sputnik 04 Feb 2020 -- Russia and India signed a deal extending the licensed manufacturing of T-90s tanks until 2028, Denis Manturov, the Russian minister of industry and trade, told Sputnik.
- Russia starts production of S-400 systems for India Press TV 04 Feb 2020 -- Russia says it has started the production of a batch of S-400 missile defense systems for India under a deal the two countries reached two years ago, despite threats of sanctions made by the United States against New Delhi over the purchase of the advanced Russian systems.
- Russia Begins Production of S-400 Air Defence Systems for India Sputnik 04 Feb 2020 -- Russia has begun production of S-400 air defence missile systems for India, Russian Industry and Trade Minister Denis Manturov said.
- India Evacuates Nationals From Wuhan, China VOA 01 Feb 2020 -- India has evacuated 324 of its nationals from Wuhan, the epicenter of the deadly coronavirus outbreak in China, where hundreds of Indians are studying in universities.
- Coronavirus: India to Send Another Aircraft to Wuhan to Evacuate Its Citizens Sputnik 01 Feb 2020 -- On Saturday morning, an Air India Boeing 747 with over 300 Indians evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan, hotbed of the novel coronavirus, landed at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list