Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- India to Diversify Air Force With Local, Russian Aircraft - Air Staff Chief Sputnik 30 Nov 2015 -- New Delhi will purchase Russian-developed Su-30MKI aircraft and Indian-made TejasMK-II planes as well as French-built Rafale fighters for Indian Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said.
- India Successfully Tests Nuclear-Capable Agni-I Missile Sputnik 27 Nov 2015 -- India's Agni-I medium range ballistic missile was test launched successfully from the Abdul Kalam Island off India's shores on Friday, local media reported Friday.
- India Successfully Testfires Nuclear-capable Prithvi II Missile People's Daily 26 Nov 2015 -- India Thursday successfully testfired its home-made, nuclear-capable Prithvi II missile from a defense base in the eastern state of Odisha, sources said.
- New Delhi Test-Fires India-Made Interceptor Missile Sputnik 22 Nov 2015 -- The test of a supersonic interceptor missile AAD (Advanced Air Defense) of Indian production was conducted to validate various parameters of the interceptor in flight mode, according to local media.
- India wants China to share counter-terrorism experiences People's Daily 19 Nov 2015 -- India wants China to share counter- terrorism experiences, said a report published on The Hindu in November.
- Russian, Indian Troops Destroy 'Terrorists' in Drills Sputnik 11 Nov 2015 -- Russian and Indian troops conducted an exercise operation to destroy contingent terrorists as part of the Indra-2015 international military drills in India's state of Rajasthan, the press service of Russia's Southern Military District said Wednesday.
- India imposes curfew-like restrictions in Kashmir Press TV 11 Nov 2015 -- Government forces in Indian-administered Kashmir have enforced tough restrictions in a bid to block a planned protest march in the disputed Himalayan region.
- Russia to Deliver 3 Mi-17V-5 Helicopters to India in Near Future Sputnik 10 Nov 2015 -- Russian Helicopters, a subsidiary of the Russian state technology company Rostec, will supply India with the last 3 Mi-17V-5.
- Russia's Kalashnikov in Talks With India to Launch Joint Arms Concern Sputnik 09 Nov 2015 -- Kalashnikov CEO Alexei Krivoruchko said that concern has begun negotiations with Indian companies to produce weapons in the country.
- India Successfully Test Fires Agni-IV Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile Sputnik 09 Nov 2015 -- India successfully test-fired an unarmed Agni-IV intermediate range ballistic missile on Monday
- India ruling party loses major state election Press TV 08 Nov 2015 -- India's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has conceded defeat after failing to win the majority of seats in a crucial election in the populous state of Bihar.
- Loss in India's Key State Poll A Setback for Modi VOA 08 Nov 2015 -- In India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ruling Hindu nationalist, Bharatiya Janata Party has suffered a crushing defeat in a key poll in Bihar, one of the country's largest and most underdeveloped states.
- India test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise missile Press TV 07 Nov 2015 -- The Indian army has successfully test-fired a new version of its domestically-developed supersonic long-range cruise missile.
- Indian Army Successfully Tests BrahMos Missile on Ground Targets Sputnik 07 Nov 2015 -- BrahMos missile was launched from a mobile launcher in the Pokhran polygon in Indian state of Rajasthan, according to BrahMos Aerospace Limited.
- India, Russia to Hold Joint Military Drills on November 7-20 Sputnik 05 Nov 2015 -- India and Russia will hold joint Indra-2015 military exercises in India's largest state Rajasthan on November 7-20.
- Carter Discusses Asia-Pacific Issues at Malaysia Meeting AFPS 03 Nov 2015 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter today met with several counterparts representing nations from across the Asia-Pacific region during the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Defense Ministers' Meeting – Plus, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, according to statements provided by Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Ash Carter's Meeting With India Minister of Defense Manohar Parrikar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia DoD 03 Nov 2015
- Russia, India Sign Military-Technical Cooperation Agreement Sputnik 02 Nov 2015 -- Russia and India signed a military-technical cooperation agreement.
- Indo-Russian Cruise Missile Launched From Advanced Warship, Hits Mach 2.8 Sputnik 01 Nov 2015 -- A BrahMos supersonic cruise missile has successfully been test-fired from the state-of-the-art Indian stealth destroyer INS Kochi.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list