Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
October 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- India to Discuss Leasing of Russia-Made Submarines on November 2 Sputnik 31 Oct 2015 -- India is considering the possibility of leasing a Russia-made Akula II-class submarine, according to serving officer in the Indian Navy Cmdr. Abhijit Singh.
- Russia, India May Conclude Up to $3Bln-Worth in New Arms Contracts Sputnik 30 Oct 2015 -- The value of a new package of contracts to supply Russian arms and military equipment to India may reach $3 billion, the Center for Analysis of World Arms Trade said Friday.
- Indian Military to Procure 149 Russia-Licensed BMP-2 Combat Vehicles Sputnik 30 Oct 2015 -- The Indian Defense Ministry on Thursday approved the acquisition of 149 BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles to be built in the country under license from Russia, The Times of India reported.
- India to Upgrade Fleet of Russian-Made Ilyushin Aircraft Sputnik 29 Oct 2015 -- The Indian Defense Ministry on Thursday cleared a proposal to upgrade the country's fleet of Russian-made Ilyushin Il-76 transport planes and Il-78 aerial tankers, The Times of India said.
- China, India conclude anti-terrorism drill People's Daily 22 Oct 2015 -- China and India concluded a joint anti-terrorism training on Thursday in Kunming, capital of southwest China's Yunnan Province.
- Russian Army Preparing for Drills With India - Southern Military District Sputnik 22 Oct 2015 -- According to Russian Southern Military District press service, Russian mechanized infantry in the south of the country is finishing preparations for its Indra-2015 drills with military units from India.
- India's Subsonic Cruise Missile Deviates From Path During Test Launch Sputnik 16 Oct 2015 -- The launch of the subsonic missile Nirbhay in India had to be terminated half way through the test after it failed to stick to the designated trajectory, according to local media.
- U.S., Indian, Japan Navies to Participate in Malabar 2015 NNS 14 Oct 2015 -- Naval ships, aircraft and personnel from India, Japan and the United States will participate in exercise Malabar 2015, Oct. 14-19, 2015.
- India May Buy 12 Russian Next Generation S-400 Air Defense Systems - Media Sputnik 11 Oct 2015 -- India may purchase the next-generation Russian S-400 Triumf air defense systems, an Indian Defense Ministry source said Sunday.
- India Looks for Alternative to France's Rafale Fighter Jet Sputnik 09 Oct 2015 -- India will consider alternatives to France's Rafale combat aircraft, the head of the country's air force said on Thursday.
- India Refuses Purchase of 44 Rafale Fighters, Opts for Homebuilt Aircraft Sputnik 07 Oct 2015 -- The Indian government prefers to purchase domestic made Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA) instead of an additional 44 French-built Rafale fighter jets.
- Russia May Sell to India 3 Frigates Idling Without Ukraine-Supplied Engines Sputnik 02 Oct 2015 -- Russia is considering the sale to India of three Project 11356 patrol ships that were expected to join the Russian Navy but lack Ukraine-built gas turbine engines (GTEs), a Russian military-technical cooperation source said Friday.
- Addressing UN Assembly, India says Pakistan must eschew terrorism before talks can begin UN News 01 Oct 2015 -- In her address at the 70th United Nations General Assembly, Sushma Swaraj, India's Minister for External Affairs, responded to Pakistan's peace initiative underscoring that while her country remains open to dialogue, Pakistan must eschew terrorism before serious talks between the two sides could begin.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list