Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- In UN Assembly speech, Pakistan's Prime Minister proposes new peace initiative with India UN News 30 Sep 2015 -- Speaking at the United Nations General Assembly, Pakistan's Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif proposed today renewed peace talks with India, aimed at defining the relationship between the Asian countries 'as one of cooperation, not confrontation.'
- India Inducts Country's Largest Warship Into Navy Sputnik 30 Sep 2015 -- Sputnik correspondent reports that Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar commissioned INS Kochi, which is reportedly the largest warship ever built in the country.
- France to Invest $4.5Bln in Indian Defense Under Rafale Deal Sputnik 29 Sep 2015 -- France will invest $4.5 billion in India's defense sector in a form of offset obligations under a contract for the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets, The Economic Times reported Tuesday, citing sources familiar with the deal.
- First Indian Astronomy Research Satellite Launched Into Orbit Sputnik 28 Sep 2015 -- According to reports, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Monday launched the country's first dedicated satellite for astronomical research.
- India to Launch BrahMos Cruise Missiles From Su-30MKI Fighter Jets Sputnik 28 Sep 2015 -- High-ranking Indian military officials said that the Indian Air Force would launch a BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, jointly developed by India and Russia, from a Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter in early 2016.
- U.S.-India Joint Declaration on Combatting Terrorism US Dept. of State 23 Sep 2015 -- The following is the U.S.-India Joint Declaration on Combatting Terrorism as agreed upon by Secretary of State John Kerry and Indian Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj on the occasion of the inaugural U.S.-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue.
- Joint Statement on the First U.S.-India Strategic and Commercial Dialogue Washington D.C. (September 22, 2015) India Ministry of External Affairs 23 Sep 2015
- India Bars Citizens From Aiding Iraq's IS Fight VOA 22 Sep 2015 -- For more than a year, some Shi'ite Muslim groups in India have expressed a desire to travel to Iraq to support Baghdad in its fight against Islamic State militants.
- Fierce gun battle kills four in Indian-administered Kashmir Press TV 11 Sep 2015 -- At least four people have been killed in a fierce exchange of fire between India's army soldiers and a group of armed men in Indian-administered Kashmir, police sources say.
- Mumbai Court Convicts 12 for Train Blasts VOA 11 Sep 2015 -- In India, a court in the financial hub of Mumbai has convicted 12 men for a series of blasts that ripped through local trains in the city nine years ago, killing 188 people and wounding more than 800 others.
- India Plans Joint Su-30 Aircraft Modernization With Russia - Rostec Sputnik 11 Sep 2015 -- Russian state technology corporation Rostec said that India has expressed interest in carrying out a joint project to extensively modernize its SU-30MKI aircraft in collaboration with Russian companies.
- New Delhi, Moscow Discussing Supply of Russian T-90MS Battle Tanks Sputnik 11 Sep 2015 -- The tank uses the same type of ammunition as the T-90, but includes additional countermeasures to significantly reduce the chances of being hit by enemy anti-tank semi-automatic guided weapons.
- India, Pakistan hold talks on deadly border clashes Press TV 10 Sep 2015 -- India and neighboring Pakistan have held talks aimed at settling months of deadly border clashes and repeated ceasefire violations.
- Russia, India in Talks on Making Ammo for Smerch Rocket Launchers Sputnik 09 Sep 2015 -- Russia and India are discussing possible cooperation in the production of ammunition for Russia-made Smerch multiple rocket launchers in India.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list