Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
August 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- Indian Warships Enter Iranian Port Bandar-e-Abbas Sputnik 28 Aug 2015 -- Two Indian warships entered an Iranian port on Thursday as part of a “goodwill visit to strengthen the bilateral relations” between the two countries.
- Russia Completes Modernization of Indian Navy's Il-38 Fleet Sputnik 26 Aug 2015 -- According to Ilyushin general designer and deputy general director, Russia has completed the upgrade of all of India's Ilyushin Il-38 anti-submarine aircraft to SD standard.
- Indian MiG-21 fighter jet crashes in disputed Kashmir Press TV 24 Aug 2015 -- A Russian-built MiG-21 supersonic fighter jet operated by the Indian Air Force has crashed in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir.
- India, Pakistan: Why NSA Talks Failed? VOA 23 Aug 2015 -- Pakistan finally blinked in what some observers called an absurd game of diplomatic chicken with its rival India.
- Pakistan: No High-level Talks With India VOA 22 Aug 2015 -- Pakistan called off high level talks with India Saturday night after the two sides traded barbs over the agenda.
- Pakistan Consults Kashmiri Separatists Before Peace Talks, Irking India RFE/RL 20 Aug 2015 -- Pakistan has invited separatists from India's disputed Kashmir region for a meeting in a move that risks further straining efforts to restart a peace dialogue between the two nuclear-armed nations.
- India to Set Up Space Research and Satellite Monitoring Station in Fiji Sputnik 20 Aug 2015 -- The Indian Space Research Organization has announced plans to open a new space research and satellite monitoring station on the Fiji Islands.
- Sources: Latest Indian, French Warplane Deal Runs into Problems VOA 12 Aug 2015 -- India's order of 36 French-made Rafale fighter jets has run into trouble with government officials struggling to agree sales terms, sources said, four months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi intervened to break a logjam in previous commercial negotiations.
- Pakistan summons Indian diplomat over ceasefire violations Press TV 11 Aug 2015 -- Pakistan has summoned a senior Indian diplomat to protest against the recent death of a woman who was allegedly killed in gunfire by Indian forces along the de facto border dividing the disputed region of Kashmir.
- Maldives Reassures India, Says 'No' to Chinese Bases VOA 10 Aug 2015 -- The Indian Ocean island country of Maldives has told India it will not allow China to set up military bases on its territory.
- India, Russia in talks to jointly produce helicopters, tanks, aircraft and ships TASS 07 Aug 2015 -- India and Russia are discussing projects to jointly produce helicopters, ships, tanks and aircraft, the Indian Defense Ministry said in a statement on Friday.
- RAF jets 'beaten' by Indian pilots flying Russian-designed planes Press TV 07 Aug 2015 -- Indian Air Force (IAF) says Indian pilots using Russian-designed fighter jets have humiliated their British counterparts flying the Typhoon fighters during a two-week exercise.
- India to Build New Nuclear Fuel Production Complex Sputnik 05 Aug 2015 -- Indian government is planning to set up new nuclear fuel complex in the country, according to an official from the Department of Atomic Energy, Jitendra Singh.
- 3 die in India-Pakistan exchange of fire in Kashmir Press TV 04 Aug 2015 -- Indian and Pakistani soldiers have once again exchanged fire along the de facto border in the disputed region of Kashmir, leaving at least two Pakistanis and an Indian villager dead.
- India, Bangladesh End Limbo For Thousands VOA 01 Aug 2015 -- Indians and Bangladeshis are celebrating the end of a 68-year state of limbo for tens of thousands of people living along the porous border joining the two nations.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list