Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- Russia, India Cooperate on Space Exploration, Glonass Satellite System Sputnik 30 Jun 2015 -- Russia and India share cooperation in the space sector, including manned space exploration and Russia's global navigation satellite system known as GLONASS, a senior Russian space corporation official told Sputnik.
- India's Upgraded Attack Submarine to Re-Enter Service Sputnik 27 Jun 2015 -- The Indian Navy's INS Sindhukirti to undergo final trials before officially re-entering into service with the Indian Navy next month.
- Russia, India in talks on comprehensive modernization of Su-30MKI fighter jets TASS 15 Jun 2015 -- Russia and India are holding talks on comprehensive modernization of Su-30MKI fighter jet, deputy head of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation Konstantin Biryulin told TASS on Monday at the opening of Le Bourget Paris Air Show 2015.
- India to Continue Troops' Buildup Along Myanmar Border Sputnik 11 Jun 2015 -- India's high-ranking officials agreed in a Thursday meeting to continue to increase pressure along the country's border with Myanmar, a source in the Indian Home Ministry told Sputnik.
- India's Army Raid in Myanmar Changes Security Scenario Mindset - Minister Sputnik 11 Jun 2015 -- According to local media, the Indian Army crossed the border into Myanmar on Tuesday and killed some 115 Indian insurgents who fled to the neighboring country after having murdered 30 Indian soldiers in three separate attacks in May and June.
- Over 100 Militants Dead in Indian Army's Surgical Strike in Myanmar Sputnik 10 Jun 2015 -- More than 100 militants have reportedly been killed and six more injured in a 45-minute surgical operation by Indian troops in Myanmar.
- Indian Prime Minister Seals Border, Other Deals with Dhaka VOA 07 Jun 2015 -- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has sealed a landmark agreement with Bangladesh to exchange tiny enclaves where thousands of people from both countries have been trapped for decades. The two countries signed several other agreements during the two-day visit, which is part of the Indian leader's outreach to neighboring countries - intended to reduce China's influence in the South Asian region.
- India Inks Historic Land Swap Deal With Bangladesh Sputnik 06 Jun 2015 -- India and Bangladesh have signed a landmark agreement exchanging hundreds of mutual enclaves and resolving a decades-long border dispute, local media reported Saturday.
- Indian Army launches massive counter-insurgency operation in NE India People's Daily 05 Jun 2015 -- The Indian Army Friday launched a massive counter-insurgency operation in the northeastern state of Manipur, a day after 20 soldiers were killed and 11 others injured in an ambush near the border with Myanmar, sources said.
- U.S., India Sign 10-Year Defense Framework Agreement AFPS 04 Jun 2015 -- In India, Defense Secretary Ash Carter and Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar signed a 10-year defense framework agreement yesterday, highlighting the growth of defense cooperation between the two countries.
- US, India Sign Defense Pact Countering China's Influence VOA 04 Jun 2015 -- The United States and India signed a new defense pact and a 10-year defense cooperation framework this week that officials say represent a new dynamic in their efforts to speed up their security relationship. They also say the recent aggressive maritime moves by the Chinese in the South China Sea have helped countries in the region align closer with the U.S.
- India rebels' ambush kills 20 troops in northeast Press TV 04 Jun 2015 -- A group of heavily armed rebels has ambushed a convoy of military vehicles in India's restive northeastern state of Manipur, killing at least 20 soldiers and injuring more than a dozen others, security sources say.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Ash Carter's Meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi DoD 04 Jun 2015
- Carter Visit Builds on Relationship Between United States, India AFPS 03 Jun 2015 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter met Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar and called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi during an official visit to India yesterday and today.
- U.S. - India Joint Press Release on Secretary of Defense Carter's Visit to India DoD 03 Jun 2015 -- During an official visit to India June 2-3, Ash Carter, the United States secretary of defense, met Minister of Defense Manohar Parrikar and called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He also met the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and the National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. Before arriving in Delhi, Secretary Carter also visited the Eastern Naval Command.
- Media Availability with Secretary Carter in New Delhi, India DoD 03 Jun 2015 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Ash Carter
- India, United States Sign 10-Year Defense Cooperation Agreement Sputnik 03 Jun 2015 -- India and the United States signed on Wednesday a ten-year Defense Framework Agreement, which includes cooperation on maritime security.
- India Slashes French Rafale Jet Deal by 70 Percent Sputnik 01 Jun 2015 -- India confirms it will purchase just 36 Rafale fighter jets instead of 126, according to Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar, who referred to the deal for 126 French warplanes as 'economically unviable' and 'way too expensive.'
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list