Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
May 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- India to buy only 36 French Rafale jets, citing high cost Press TV 31 May 2015 -- India says it will purchase only 36 Rafale warplanes from France due to high price tag, dashing France's hopes for a much more lucrative deal.
- India Test Fires Harpoon Missile From Fighter Jet for First Time Sputnik 29 May 2015 -- The Harpoon missile built by Boeing was launched by the Indian Air Force from a fighter plane at a pre-designated target.
- India, Russia to conduct joint naval maneuvers off Indian coast TASS 27 May 2015 -- The Russian-Indian joint naval exercise Indra Navy-2015 will be conducted in India's territorial waters, and the first conference on the maneuvers' planning will be held in early June, spokesman for Russia's Eastern Military District Alexander Gordeyev said on Wednesday.
- Indian Company Wants Cooperation With Russia to Manufacture Nuclear Subs Sputnik 22 May 2015 -- An Indian company reportedly seeks partnership with Russia to locally manufacture nuclear submarines and stealth warships.
- Israel, India to jointly develop missile system Press TV 21 May 2015 -- Israel and India are concluding a multi-million-dollar deal for the joint development of a medium-range surface-to-air missile system.
- Russia Expects Notice on Launch of KA-226T Helicopter Production in India Sputnik 21 May 2015 -- Russia is expecting formal notification from India on its decision to launch production of light Kamov Ka-226T (NATO reporting name Hoodlum) multirole helicopters.
- Ambassador calls Russia India's primary military partner TASS 21 May 2015 -- India is interested in the development of military and technical cooperation with Russia, especially with regard to air force, Indian Ambassador to Russia Pundi Srinivasan Raghavan told reporters in the Siberian city of Novosibirsk on Thursday.
- India Interested in Producing Frigates Jointly With Russia Sputnik 20 May 2015 -- From 2003 to 2013, Russia delivered to India six frigates of project 11356. The first three vessels were equipped with Klub-N cruise missiles; the others were armed with BrahMos cruise missiles.
- New Delhi to Fit 6 Warships With Russia-India Made Missiles in $400Mln Deal Sputnik 14 May 2015 -- The Indian Defense Ministry decided to spend over $400 million on equipping six new warships with BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles.
- India Approves Purchase of Some 200 Russian Kamov Helicopters – Reports Sputnik 14 May 2015 -- The Indian Defense Ministry approved on Wednesday the purchase of around 200 Russian Kamov light utility helicopters, The Times of India reported.
- India's Modi Seeks Closer Ties During China Visit VOA 14 May 2015 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has welcomed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to his family's ancestral hometown for a visit expected to further boost diplomatic and economic ties.
- Maoist rebels abduct 250 villagers in central India Press TV 09 May 2015 -- Maoist rebels in India have taken at least 250 villagers hostage in the restive state of Chhattisgarh in central India, local authorities say.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list