Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2015 - India Special Weapons News
- India sends 13 planes carrying aid to quake-hit Nepal Press TV 26 Apr 2015 -- India has sent thirteen military aircraft to quake-ravaged Nepal, carrying food, medical supplies and blankets for the victims of the deadly tragedy.
- India - Follow-on Support of C-130J Super Hercules Aircraft DSCA 24 Apr 2015 -- The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to India for Follow-on Support of C-130J Super Hercules Aircraft and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for an estimated cost of $96 million. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today.
- Indian Navy Launches First Missile Destroyer of Own Design Sputnik 20 Apr 2015 -- The Indian Navy has launched its first guided-missile destroyer of Indian design and construction, the country's Defense Ministry said in a statement Monday.
- India Looks to Become Arms Supplier Instead of Buyer VOA 18 Apr 2015 -- India, long one of the world's biggest arms importers, wants to expand its own weapons industry and become a supplier to other nations. It's a move the United States supports for economic and strategic reasons.
- India successfully testfires nuclear-capable Agni III ballistic missile People's Daily 16 Apr 2015 -- India Thursday successfully testfired its home-made, nuclear-capable Agni III ballistic missile from a military base off the coast of the eastern state of Odisha, sources said.
- India to Induct French Rafale Fighters to Air Force in Two Years Sputnik 11 Apr 2015 -- India will induct French Rafale fighters to the Indian Air Force (IAF) within two years, Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar said Saturday.
- Pakistan Frees Suspected Mumbai Attack Mastermind VOA 10 Apr 2015 -- A Pakistani court has freed on bail a man who allegedly masterminded the 2008 attacks on the Indian port city of Mumbai that killed 166 people.
- Indian PM Modi Requests Urgent Delivery of 36 Rafale Jets From France Sputnik 10 Apr 2015 -- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi called on France Friday to urgently deliver 36 Rafale jets.
- India Launches First of Six New Stealth Submarines Sputnik 09 Apr 2015 -- India launched its first Scorpéne-class submarine, bringing the country one step closer to creating a stealthy fleet.
- India Successfully Test-Fires Dhanush Missile From Ship Sputnik 09 Apr 2015 -- The launch was carried out at 11:02 local time off the Odisha state coast. Dhanush is a maneuvering missile and is a naval variant of the Prithvi-II missile. It is capable of carrying a 500-kilogram nuclear payload.
- India, Japan agree to deepen defense cooperation People's Daily 08 Apr 2015 -- India and Japanon Tuesday decided to deepen their defense cooperation and enhance strategic maritime ties, during a meeting between the defense officials of the two countries here, said Press Trust of India.
- India Envoy Weighs In on Pakistan's Growing Nuclear Arsenal VOA 08 Apr 2015 -- India's envoy to Pakistan has brushed aside Islamabad's claims that rapid increases in its atomic arsenal, including short-range "tactical" nuclear weapons, are serving as a deterrent to another war between the rival nations.
- No Breakthrough Yet on Rafale Deal - Indian Foreign Ministry Sputnik 08 Apr 2015 -- India remains undecided on whether to go ahead with its planned purchase of France's Rafale fighter jets, Foreign Secretary Subrahmanyam Jaishankar told reporters on Wednesday.
- India Prime Minister to Discuss Rafale Fighter Jet Deal During France Visit Sputnik 07 Apr 2015 -- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to discuss a long-disputed deal to buy Rafale fighter jets during his visit to France scheduled for April 10-11, France's Ambassador to India Francois Richier told Sputnik Tuesday.
- India and France will jointly develop short-range surface-to-air missile - media TASS 03 Apr 2015 -- India's council on defense procurement has approved plans of developing a Maitri short-range surface-to-air missile jointly with France, The Hindu reported Friday.
- Antonov Company Confirms Five Missing Indian Planes Still in Ukraine Sputnik 01 Apr 2015 -- Ukraine's Antonov aircraft manufacturing company confirmed on Wednesday that five Indian Air Force An-32 military transports were currently undergoing repairs at one of its plants.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list