Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2014 - India Special Weapons News
- India Denies Reports of French Rafale Jets Deal Cancellation Sputnik 27 Nov 2014 -- India is not planning to cancel the deal on purchasing French Rafale jets despite earlier media reports that it would do so if France refuses to deliver Mistral helicopter carriers to Russia, a high-ranking source in Indian Defense Ministry told Sputnik Thursday.
- Army base in Kashmir comes under attack, 1 soldier dead Iran Press TV 27 Nov 2014 -- An army base in Indian-administered Kashmir has come under attack by pro-independence fighters, leaving at least one soldier dead.
- South Asian Summit in Nepal Overshadowed by India-Pakistan Tensions VOA 26 Nov 2014 -- South Asian leaders meeting in Nepal for a summit called for closer integration of the region. As always, that goal was hampered by the decades-old hostility between India and Pakistan.
- Pakistan slams fresh Indian shelling in disputed Kashmir Iran Press TV 21 Nov 2014 -- Pakistan has strongly condemned the recent killing of one of its soldiers by Indian forces near the Line of Control (LoC), the de facto border that divides Kashmir between Pakistan and India.
- Indian Phase of Aviaindra-2014 Russia-India Air Forces Drills Kicks Off Sputnik 17 Nov 2014 -- The Indian stage of the Aviaindra-2014 Russia-India joint drills of air forces have started at the Halwara air base, Russian Defense Ministry announces.
- India test-fires new indigenous nuclear-capable missile Iran Press TV 15 Nov 2014 -- The Indian army has successfully test-fired a new indigenously developed nuclear-capable surface-to-surface missile with a range of 350 kilometers in India's eastern state of Odisha.
- India's Suspended Sukhoi Su-30 Jets May Return to Service Next Week Sputnik 14 Nov 2014 -- India's Sukhoi Su-30 Flanker-H jet fleet, grounded following a crash in October, may return to operation within a week, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Arup Raha said at the IAF Placement Fair on Friday.
- India, China to Hold Counter-Terror Drill VOA 13 Nov 2014 -- Hundreds of Indian and Chinese soldiers met in a tense standoff on their disputed border just two months ago. This Sunday, the two countries will carry out counterterrorism exercises -- together.
- China, India to hold anti-terror training drill People's Daily 13 Nov 2014 -- The Chinese and Indian armies will hold a joint counterterrorism military training drill in the near future, a source with the Chinese military said on Thursday.
- India successfully test-fires nuclear capable ballistic missile Iran Press TV 09 Nov 2014 -- The Indian army has successfully test-fired its medium-range nuclear-capable Agni-II (Fire-II) missile with a range of more than 2,000 kilometers (1,242 miles) in India's eastern state of Odisha.
- Indian army admits mistake in killing 2 boys in Kashmir Iran Press TV 08 Nov 2014 -- The Indian army has admitted that its troops made a mistake in a recent shooting that killed two teenagers in Indian-administered Kashmir.
- Russia to hold joint drills with Japan, India: Official Iran Press TV 07 Nov 2014 -- The Russian Defense Ministry says it is examining plans to conduct joint military exercises with India and Japan in 2015.
- Islamic State May Be Preparing Lone Wolf Attacks in India: Reports RIA Novosti 07 Nov 2014 -- Indian intelligence agencies warned police to beef up security at foreign diplomatic missions in the country due to possible terrorist attacks orchestrated by the Islamic State (IS), The Times of India reported Friday.
- India Concerned About Chinese Subs in Sri Lankan Ports VOA 05 Nov 2014 -- India has expressed strong concerns to Sri Lanka for allowing Chinese submarines to dock at its port this month. China's growing naval presence in the Indian Ocean region has opened a new area of rivalry for the two Asian countries.
- Pakistan, India Hold Border Ritual Despite Attack RFE/RL 03 Nov 2014 -- India and Pakistan have held a daily military ceremony at their main border crossing, a day after a suicide attack there killed 55 people and wounded dozens more.
- India, Pakistan temporarily close border after bomb blast Iran Press TV 03 Nov 2014 -- India and Pakistan have temporarily closed their only road border crossing following a deadly bomb attack on the Pakistani side of the border.
- Indian soldiers attack Shia mourners in Kashmir Iran Press TV 02 Nov 2014 -- Indian police and paramilitary forces in Indian-controlled Kashmir have attacked a group of Shia Muslims participating in a religious procession marking the martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (PBUH), injuring and arresting a number of people, Press TV reports.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list