Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2014 - India Special Weapons News
- U.S.-India Joint Statement The White House 30 Sep 2014
- Obama, India's Modi Pledge to Expand Cooperation VOA 30 Sep 2014 -- U.S. President Barack Obama and India's new prime minister, Narendra Modi, are pledging to work together to expand cooperation in trade, investment, technology and security.
- India Endorses Russian Weapons After Use in Bilateral Drills: Southern Military District RIA Novosti 29 Sep 2014 -- A military delegation from India that participated in the Indra-2014 drills will inform their chiefs that Russian weapons are worth purchasing, the Russian Southern Military District's press service said Monday.
- India PM calls for serious dialogue with Islamabad Iran Press TV 27 Sep 2014 -- New Delhi has called on Islamabad to show more seriousness in future dialogue, a day after Pakistan's premier slammed India for stalling talks on Indian-administered Kashmir.
- China responses to boundary confrontation with India People's Daily 26 Sep 2014 -- China and India have established effective communication channels to properly handle the situation in border areas, a Defense Ministry spokesman said on Thursday.
- China, India Agree to Pull Back Troops After Two-Week-Long Border Standoff: Reports RIA Novosti 26 Sep 2014 -- China and India have agreed to a withdrawal of troops after a two week-long standoff near their de-facto border, Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj was quoted as saying by the Indian NDTV television channel Friday.
- India's Mars Orbiter Cost Only 11 Percent of NASA's Maven Probe: Reports RIA Novosti 25 Sep 2014 -- India's Mangalyaan orbiter reached Mars' orbit Wednesday, becoming the first spacecraft from an Asian country to reach the red planet, but the country hit another record by making the cheapest space probe so far, costing 11 percent of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Maven probe, CNN Money reported Thursday.
- India's Spacecraft Successfully Reaches Mars VOA 24 Sep 2014 -- India successfully placed a spacecraft into orbit around Mars, making it the first country to reach the Red Planet in its first attempt. The low-cost, inter-planetary mission puts the spotlight on India's growing ambitions in space exploration and its homegrown technology.
- India puts satellite into Mars orbit Iran Press TV 24 Sep 2014 -- India has successfully placed a satellite into Mars' orbit, becoming the fourth country to conduct the interplanetary mission.
- Russia, India to Conduct Joint Anti-Terrorism Exercises in Volgograd Region RIA Novosti 22 Sep 2014 -- Russia and India will conduct joint anti-terrorism exercises in Russia's southern Volgograd Region starting September 23, the Southern Military District's press service reported.
- India President Leaves Vietnam After Controversial Oil Deal VOA 17 Sep 2014 -- Indian President Pranab Mukherjee has wrapped up a four-day state visit to Vietnam and departed for home after signing key pacts and a joint resolution on the South China Sea.
- US, India airdrop training mission a historic one AFNS 16 Sep 2014 -- Airmen from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska and the Indian air force achieved a historic milestone after completing a joint air transportability training sortie Sept 9.
- India Considers Buying 126 Eurofighters From Germany RIA Novosti 08 Sep 2014 -- India may acquire 126 Eurofighter Typhoon combat aircraft from Germany, Deutsche Presse-Agentur reported Monday.
- Indian Muslims Reject al-Qaida Call for Jihad VOA 06 Sep 2014 -- Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's announcement that a newly launched wing would "liberate Muslims from injustice and oppression" in India has triggered a furious response from Indian Muslim community leaders.
- India puts major cities on alert amid al-Qaeda threats Iran Press TV 04 Sep 2014 -- India has declared a state of high alert in several regions after al-Qaeda announced launching of a new branch in South Asia.
- Al-Qaeda Opens Wing in South Asia Fearing ISIS Advance RIA Novosti 04 Sep 2014 -- Al-Qaeda has established a branch in the Indian subcontinent, hoping to attract local Islamic extremists amid the Islamic State (ISIS) militant group's rapid advance in the Middle East.
- India on Alert After Al-Qaida Announces Local Branch VOA 04 Sep 2014 -- Al-Qaida has launched a group in the Indian subcontinent, targeting India, Myanmar and Bangladesh. But security analysts see India as the main target.
- India Interested in Russia's Missile Systems – Russian Air Force RIA Novosti 03 Sep 2014 -- India's Air Force commanders have expressed interest in the Russian surface-to-air missile systems in the course of the joint Russian-Indian Air Force exercise "Aviandra-2014", Maj. Gen. Sergey Babakov told journalists Wednesday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list