Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2012 - India Special Weapons News
- India Receives Second Russia-Built Stealth Missile Frigate RIA Novosti 30 Dec 2012 -- The second of three stealth frigates that Russia builds for India at the Yantar Shipyard in Russia's Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad arrived at the port of Mumbai, an Indian Defense Ministry source said on Sunday.
- Russia Delivers Four MiG-29K Fighters to India in Dec. RIA Novosti 29 Dec 2012 -- Russian aircraft maker MiG delivered in December a batch of four MiG-29K/KUB shipborne fighters to the Indian Navy under a contract concluded in 2010, the company said.
- 6th round of India-Pakistan talks on Conventional CBMs held in New Delhi IRNA 28 Dec 2012 -- The Sixth Round of Expert Level talks on Conventional CBMs between India and Pakistan held here on Thursday.
- India to Assemble Russian Mil, Kamov Helicopters RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2012 -- Russian Helicopters holding and India's Elcom Systems Pvt Limited have signed an agreement to set up a joint venture to assemble Russian Mil and Kamov helicopters in India, the Russian holding said on Wednesday.
- India Claims Problems With Russian-Leased Nuclear Sub RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2012 -- India has asked Russia to replace the faulty parts on the leased Nerpa nuclear-powered submarine as they affect its operational readiness, the Times of India reported.
- India, Russia ink 10 pacts including defence deals of around USD 4 bn IRNA 24 Dec 2012 -- India and Russia Monday inked as many as 10 pacts, including defence deals worth around USD four billion, as their leaders undertook an extensive review of bilateral cooperation, especially in the field of nuclear energy here today.
- India, Russia ink deal on air-launched BrahMos missile IRNA 24 Dec 2012 -- Ahead of the visit of President Vladimir Putin, India and Russia have signed a deal for working together to develop the air-launched version of the 290-km-range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, which would be fitted to the Su-30MKI combat aircraft of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Russia Seals Major Arms Deal with India RIA Novosti 24 Dec 2012 -- Russia is to supply India with combat helicopters and warplanes worth $2.9 bln under a deal signed during Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to New Delhi on Monday.
- India to Complete 2nd NPP Unit in 2013 - Prime Minister RIA Novosti 24 Dec 2012 -- India expects to complete the construction of Unit 2 of its Kudankulam nuclear power plant, being built under a joint Russian-Indian project, next year, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Monday.
- India, Russia Seal Defense Deals Worth Billions VOA 24 Dec 2012 -- India and Russia have sealed defense deals worth billions of dollars during a visit by the Russian president, in a move which reaffirms the long-standing strategic alliance between the two countries.
- Putin to Discuss Energy, Military Cooperation in India RIA Novosti 23 Dec 2012 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin will arrive Monday in India on an official visit expected to focus on economic ties, energy and multi-billion dollar defense deals.
- India testfires Astra missile IRNA 22 Dec 2012 -- India on Friday testfired its indigenously developed air-to-air missile 'Astra' at Chandipur, 15 km from Balasore in the state of Odihsa.
- India successfully test-fired N-capable Prithvi-II Missile IRNA 20 Dec 2012 -- Indian Army's Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully test-fired the Prithvi-II missile from the DRDO range facility at Chandipur off the Odisha coast Thursday.
- 6 Indian soldiers killed in Siachen avalanche IRNA 16 Dec 2012 -- Six Indian soldiers were killed and one is missing when an avalanche hit the Siachen glacier area today.
- India successfully test-fires Agni-I ballistic missile IRNA 12 Dec 2012 -- India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Agni-I ballistic missile with a strike range of 700 km on Wednesday.
- Russia Delivers Three Upgraded MiG-29 Fighter Jets to India RIA Novosti 11 Dec 2012 -- The first three MiG-29UPG fighter jets have been delivered to India under a contract to modernize the fleet of MiG-29 aircraft in service with the Indian Air Force (IAF), the MiG aircraft maker said.
- India looses 54 defence aircraft in last three years IRNA 10 Dec 2012 -- Fifty-four defence aircraft, including combat planes and helicopters, have been lost in crashes in the last three years in which 66 defence personnel and six civilians were killed, Defence Minister A K Antony said today.
- India Confirms Chinook as Helicopter Tender Winner RIA Novosti 05 Dec 2012 -- India has preferred Boeing Chinook over Russian Mi-26 helicopters in a tender on the delivery of 15 heavy-lift helicopters to the Indian Air Force.
- India Vows to Protect S. China Sea Interests VOA 04 Dec 2012 -- As India vows to protect its interests in the South China Sea, China has reiterated that it has indisputable sovereignty of the islands and the surrounding waters.
- China, India Expand Navies, Regional Ambitions VOA 04 Dec 2012 -- China and India are rapidly expanding their naval forces, increasing the possibility of future confrontation as Asia's two leading emerging economies seek to project their power.
- India, China reach understanding on border talks progress IRNA 04 Dec 2012 -- India and China have reached a "common understanding" on the progress made so far in their vexed border talks.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list