Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2012 - India Special Weapons News
- India dismisses reports about its missiles targeting strategic Sri Lankan sites IRNA 28 Sep 2012 -- India on Thursday dismissed reports that its missiles targeted strategic Sri Lankan locations, calling them 'completely baseless and fabricated.'
- Russia to Explain Carrier Trials Failure to India in Oct. RIA Novosti 21 Sep 2012 -- Russia and India will discuss in October the situation around technical failures found in sea trials of an aircraft carrier refitted for India by a Russian shipyard.
- Anti-Islam Film Protest Muted Among India's Muslims VOA 21 Sep 2012 -- In India, calls from Muslim leaders for restraint and a swift government ban on a controversial anti-Islam film have ensured that protests against the film have been sporadic.
- India to ask IAEA to review its regulatory nuclear process IRNA 20 Sep 2012 -- India is planning to approach the UN atomic watchdog, IAEA, for a review of its regulatory nuclear process.
- India Hit by Nationwide Strike Over Economic Reforms VOA 20 Sep 2012 -- In India, a day-long nationwide strike called by political parties from both the left and right to protest a fuel price hike and other economic reforms has disrupted life.
- India Tests New Ballistic Missile Capable Of Carrying Nuclear Warheads RFE/RL 19 Sep 2012 -- India said it has successfully test fired its Agni-IV ballistic missile.
- Third Indian Frigate Undergoes Dock Trials in Russia RIA Novosti 19 Sep 2012 -- A Talwar class frigate being built for the Indian Navy at the Yantar Shipyard in Russia’s exclave of Kaliningrad has begun dock trials.
- India’s Government Looks for New Support After Ally Withdraws VOA 19 Sep 2012 -- India’s Congress Party-led coalition government is trying to garner new political support after a key ally withdrew support to protest unpopular economic policies.
- IAEA team to conduct safety review of two Indian atomic plants IRNA 19 Sep 2012 -- A team of the UN nuclear watchdog, IAEA, will visit Rajasthan in November to conduct an in-depth operational safety review of two atomic power plants there.
- Yard Boss Blames Boilers for India Carrier Trials Snags RIA Novosti 18 Sep 2012 -- Sea trials of an Indian Navy aircraft carrier refitted by a Russian shipyard were unsuccessful due to design failures in the vessel's boilers.
- India's Russian Carrier on Rocks Again After Sea Trial Snags RIA Novosti 17 Sep 2012 -- Malfunctions during sea trials of the Indian Navy aircraft carrier Vikramaditya, refitted by a Russian shipyard, will delay the vessel’s handover to India yet again.
- India successfully launches 100th space mission: Report IRNA 09 Sep 2012 -- India on Sunday successfully launched its 100th space mission with the indigenous PSLV-C21 rocket putting in orbit two foreign satellites.
- India's space agency poised for historic milestone on Sunday: report IRNA 09 Sep 2012 -- India's space program is poised for a historic milestone on Sunday when ISRO's workhorse PSLV rocket will put two foreign satellites in orbit in the agency's 100th mission from the spaceport at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh, about 110 km from Chennai, capital of Tamil Nadu state.
- India, Russia to Make Multiple Rocket Systems RIA Novosti 05 Sep 2012 -- Moscow and Delhi have agreed to set up a joint venture in India for manufacturing and post-sales servicing of rockets for Russian Smerch multiple rocket launchers.
- India, China agree to expand defence cooperation IRNA 05 Sep 2012 -- India and China reached consensus on a wide range of issues relating to defence and military exchanges and cooperation to be conducted this year and beyond.
- Nuclear Fuel to be Loaded in India's Kudankulam Power Plant RIA Novosti 05 Sep 2012 -- Nuclear fuel rods will be loaded into the first reactor of India’s Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant in the next few days.
- India, China to Resume Military Exercises VOA 04 Sep 2012 -- India and China will resume military exercises after a gap of four years.
- Chinese Defence Minister arrives on a five-day visit to India IRNA 02 Sep 2012 -- The Defence Minister of China, General Liang Guanglie arrived in Mumbai on a five-day visit to India.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list