Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2009 - India Special Weapons News
- Indian Army Chief's statement on limited nuke war irresponsible: PM IRNA 30 Nov 2009 -- PM Gilani: Indian Army chief’s statement relating to the limited nuclear war was irresponsible.
- Su-30MKI fighter jet crashes in western India, pilots survive RIA Novosti 30 Nov 2009 -- An Indian Su-30MKI fighter jet crashed near Jaisalmer in the northwestern state of Rajasthan, but both pilots survived.
- Water Cooler at Indian Nuclear Plant Contaminated VOA 29 Nov 2009 -- India's government says abnormal levels of radiation have been detected in workers at a nuclear power plant in the southern part of the country. Officials say the incident appears to be an act of sabotage rather than caused by an accidental leak.
- Pakistan-China Military nexus an area of serious concern: India IRNA 27 Nov 2009 -- India’s Defence Minister, A K Antony, on Friday said the nexus between China and Pakistan in the military sphere is of serious concern.
- Mumbai Marks Anniversary of Last Year's Terror Attack VOA 26 Nov 2009 -- Citizens of Mumbai took part in a string of ceremonies Thursday to honor the more than 160 victims killed in last year's terror attack. One year after ten Pakistani gunmen attacked India's financial capital, many say they still feel vulnerable.
- Singh: India Will Not Let Hatched in Pakistan Mumbai Terror Attacks Happen Again VOA 25 Nov 2009 -- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he welcomes Pakistani steps to rein in extremists. But he says Pakistan must do everything it can to punish those who planned and carried out the Mumbai attacks last year.
- Indian Prez creates history by flying in Sukhoi fighter jet IRNA 25 Nov 2009 -- 74 year old India’s President Pratibha Devisingh Patil Wednesday became world's first woman president ever to take to the skies in a fighter aircraft.
- Pakistan Charges 7 in Mumbai Attacks VOA 25 Nov 2009 -- Pakistani prosecutors have charged seven men with planning and helping to carry out last year's terror attacks in Mumbai, which killed more than 160 people.
- Obama Hosts India's Singh for First State Visit VOA 24 Nov 2009 -- President Barack Obama says the U.S. partnership with India will be one of the defining relationships of the 21st century. Mr. Obama and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh spoke to reporters after a two-hour meeting.
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Singh of India during Arrival Ceremony The White House 24 Nov 2009
- Remarks by President Obama and Prime Minister Singh of India in Joint Press Conference BUG: the source does not exist 24 Nov 2009 The White House 24 Nov 2009
- Obama Welcomes India's Singh to the White House VOA 24 Nov 2009 -- U.S. President Barack Obama is hosting his first state visit at the White House. The guest of honor is Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
- India's test launch of Agni-II ballistic missile ends in failure RIA Novosti 24 Nov 2009 -- The maiden nighttime test launch of India's nuclear-capable intermediate-range Agni-II ballistic missile failed, the Times of India said on Tuesday.
- Report Blaming Hindu Nationalist Leaders for Role in 1992 Destruction of Mosque Rocks Indian Parliament VOA 23 Nov 2009 -- In India, a leaked government report which has blamed senior Hindu nationalist leaders for the demolition of an ancient mosque 17 years ago, has rocked parliament, and angered the opposition.
- Twin Bombings Hit Northeastern Indian State of Assam VOA 22 Nov 2009 -- Two deadly bomb blasts in India's northeastern state of Assam killed at least seven people and wounded more than 50 others Sunday. Rebels blamed for the attacks are denying responsibility.
- Indian PM Becomes President Obama's First State Guest VOA 22 Nov 2009 -- India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh becomes US President Barack Obama's first state guest during a three-day visit to Washington beginning November 23. New Delhi will be looking to see if Mr. Obama wants to sustain the deepened relationship forged under former president George Bush. In Washington, observers say Mr. Singh is pushing for broader ties with Western economies.
- Italy Arrests Pakistanis Suspected of Mumbai Links VOA 21 Nov 2009 -- Italian authorities say police arrested two Pakistanis Saturday, suspected of helping fund and providing logistical support for last year's terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India that killed 166 people.
- India's PM Singh Travels to US Capital VOA 21 Nov 2009 -- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is traveling to the United States for talks on how the two countries will work together on critical issues in coming years.
- India, US Preparing to Finalize Strategic Partnership Framework VOA 18 Nov 2009 -- American and Indian top officials hoping to finalize a framework for the expanding strategic dialogue of the 2 democracies.
- Russia to float out first frigate for Indian Navy Nov. 27 RIA Novosti 17 Nov 2009 -- A Russian shipyard will float out the first of three frigates for India's Navy November 27.
- Russia, India agree to sign new deal on aircraft carrier overhaul RIA Novosti 15 Nov 2009 -- Russia will soon sign a new deal with India on additional funds to finish a refit of the Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier, Russia's state arms exporter Rosoboronexport said on Sunday.
- Russian shipyard set to float out frigate for India in November RIA Novosti 10 Nov 2009 -- The Yantar shipyard in Russia's Baltic exclave of Kaliningrad is planning to float out the first of the three frigates being built for the Indian Navy at the end of November, a company spokesman said Tuesday.
- BAE Systems Completes Indian Hawk Aircraft DeliveriesBAE Systems 05 Nov 2009 -- UK. After completing a flight development contract for the Indian Air Force (IAF), BAE Systems has delivered the 24th and final UK built Indian Hawk.
- India Denies Support to Pakistan Insurgents VOA 04 Nov 2009 -- India's government is denying Pakistani allegations it is fomenting the insurgency in Waziristan.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list