April 2008 - India Special Weapons News
- India's 'Lakshya' test flown successfully IRNA 30 Apr 2008 -- 'Lakshya', India's indigenously developed micro-light and pilotless target aircraft (PTA), was successfully test flown on Wednesday from the integrated test range (ITR) at Chandipur, about 15 km from Balasore in Orissa.
- U.S. is One of the 'Central Pillars' of Indian Foreign Policy cfr.org 29 Apr 2008
- India Launches Multiple Satellites Into Space VOA 28 Apr 2008 -- India has launched a record number of satellites into space in a single mission
- India orbits 10 satellites in single launch RIA Novosti 28 Apr 2008 -- India launched on Monday a PSLV-C9 rocket carrying 10 satellites, a record number for the country's space program, national television reported.
- India successfully launches PSLV-C9 IRNA 28 Apr 2008 -- India's PSLV-C9, blasted off successfully from the Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota at 09.23 Monday morning.
- Boeing Delivers Proposal to Equip Indian Air Force with Super Hornet Fighters Boeing 24 Apr 2008 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today delivered a detailed, 7,000-page proposal offering its advanced F/A-18E/F Super Hornet to the Indian Air Force as part of India's Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) competition.
- India does not give much credence to Pakistan Hatf-VI missile test IRNA 19 Apr 2008 -- India Saturday did not give much credence to the test firing of a ballistic missile by Pakistan saying such tests were regularly required as the technology imported.
- India plans to buy over 380 light helicopters for Armed Forces RIA Novosti 11 Apr 2008 -- India will soon announce a new global tender for 384 light helicopters to boost the combat capabilities of its Armed Forces, a national newspaper said on Friday.
- India to present its first detailed report on Nuke safety IRNA 04 Apr 2008 -- India will present its first detailed report on safety of the civilian nuclear plants at the forthcoming two-week Convention of Nuclear Safety (CNS) beginning on April 14 at Vienna.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|