Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2021 - France Special Weapons News
- Secretary Blinken's Meeting with Transatlantic Quad Foreign Ministers US Dept. of State 30 Nov 2021
- France's Macron Urges Iran To Engage In 'Constructive' Nuclear Talks In Vienna RFE/RL 30 Nov 2021 -- French President Emmanuel Macron has called on his Iranian counterpart, Ebrahim Raisi, to engage in a "constructive manner" in ongoing international negotiations in Vienna to revive the 2015 nuclear agreement between Iran and world powers.
- France says open to autonomy for Guadeloupe after unrest Press TV 27 Nov 2021 -- France says it is willing to discuss autonomy for its Caribbean territory of Guadeloupe if it is in the interests of the people who live there following days of protests on the island.
- 6th EDITION OF INDO FRANCE JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE "EX SHAKTI 2021" CULMINATES IN FRANCE India PIB 26 Nov 2021 -- 6th Edition of biennial Indo - France military exercise "Ex SHAKTI- 2021" culminated on 25 November 2021 after twelve days of intense joint military training, exhibiting their combat power and dominance over the extremist groups in simulated Counter Insurgency / Counter Terrorism environment.
- U.S. Sixth Fleet Joins France's Polaris 21 Exercise US Navy 24 Nov 2021 -- The Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Porter (DDG 78), U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon aircraft from Commander, Task Force 67, and the Henry J. Kaiser-class fleet replenishment oiler USNS John Lenthal (T-AO 189) began participation in the French-led multilateral maritime exercise Polaris 21 in the Mediterranean Sea, Monday, Nov. 22, 2021.
- Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action: E3 statement to the IAEA, November 2021 UK FCDO 24 Nov 2021 -- The UK, France and Germany delivered a joint statement to the IAEA addressing Iran's implementation of its nuclear commitments under the JCPoA.
- 6th EDITION OF INDO-FRANCE JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE "EX SHAKTI 2021" BEING CONDUCTED IN FRANCE India PIB 21 Nov 2021 -- e Sixth Edition of Indo - France joint military exercise "Ex SHAKTI 2021" has commenced at the Military School of Draguignan, France with an opening ceremony on 15 Nov 21.
- Readout of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Dr. Colin Kahl Virtual Quad Meeting With France, Germany, and the UK DoD 19 Nov 2021
- Readout of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kahl Virtual Meeting with Alice Guitton, Director General for International Relations and Strategy, French Ministry of the Armed Forces DoD 18 Nov 2021
- France, Germany Accuse Moscow Of Diplomatic Breach For Publishing Ukraine Correspondence RFE/RL 18 Nov 2021 -- France and Germany have accused Moscow of violating diplomatic protocol by publishing confidential correspondence related to efforts to resolve the conflict in parts of eastern Ukraine.
- E3+US statement: meeting with GCC, Egypt & Jordan - November 2021 UK FCDO 18 Nov 2021 -- The E3 and United States met the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), its Member States, Egypt and Jordan in Riyadh, and have issued a spokesperson statement.
- U.S. GCC Iran Working Group Statement US Dept. of State 17 Nov 2021 -- Senior officials of the United States (U.S.) and the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), convened their Working Group on Iran at the GCC's headquarters in Riyadh on November 17, as decided by the U.S.-GCC Foreign Ministerial on September 23.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with French Foreign Minister Le Drian US Dept. of State 14 Nov 2021
- Turkey refuses Macron's call for troops withdrawal from Libya Press TV 13 Nov 2021 -- Turkey has refused French President Emmanuel Macron's call for the foreign powers to remove their forces from Libya, describing it as a "wrong" solution ahead of the Libyan presidential and parliamentary elections.
- Minister Cleverly address at Paris Conference on Libya UK FCDO 12 Nov 2021 -- Minister for the Middle East and North Africa, James Cleverly, addressed the Paris Conference on Libya where he called for free, fair, inclusive elections and the withdrawal of foreign forces and mercenaries.
- US Vice President Harris Announces US-France Recommitment to Combating Terrorism VOA 12 Nov 2021 -- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said Friday the U.S. and France have renewed their "mutual commitment" to collaborate on combatting global terrorism, particularly in Africa's troubled Sahel region.
- The United States Supports the Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace US Dept. of State 10 Nov 2021 -- The United States supports the Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace, consistent with our position that all actors must do their part to promote an "open, secure, stable, accessible, and peaceful cyberspace."
- Harris, Macron Meet Amid US Push to Ease Tensions With Ally VOA 10 Nov 2021 -- French President Emmanuel Macron hosted U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris for talks Wednesday at Elysee Palace with an agenda that included climate change, the economy, global health and supply chain issues.
- Statement by Senior Advisor and Chief Spokesperson Symone Sanders on Vice President Kamala Harris's Meeting with President Emmanuel Macron of France The White House 10 Nov 2021
- US Vice President in France to Ease Tensions with Longstanding Ally VOA 09 Nov 2021 -- U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris began a four-day visit to France Tuesday aimed at improving soured relations with America's oldest ally.
- French Frigate Bristling With Missiles Deployed to Mediterranean Amid Turkey Tensions Sputnik 09 Nov 2021 -- France and Turkey are lined up on opposite sides of a regional dispute over gas drilling rights. In late 2019, Turkey and Libya signed a contentious maritime boundaries agreement laying claims to large swathes of the eastern Mediterranean, angering Greece and Cyprus. Athens and Cairo responded with a maritime delimitation deal of their own.
- Report: French Firm Dassault Aviation Bribed Its Way to â‚¬7.8Bln Rafale Fighter Jet Contract in India Sputnik 08 Nov 2021 -- Since 2019, India's opposition parties have been trying to get parliament to investigate the controversial â‚¬7.8 billion ($8.7 billion) Rafale fighter jet deal between the Indian government and Dassault Aviation. The government claims no wrong was committed in making the agreement, even after several media reports indicating the contrary.
- French Navy conducts surveillance op to enforce North Korea sanctions Press TV 08 Nov 2021 -- A UN-appointed French naval crew has conducted surveillance operations above the Yellow Sea between North Korea and China, in search of what it describes as signs of contraband headed for North Korea.
- Algerian president says will not make 'first move' to ease tensions with France Press TV 07 Nov 2021 -- Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune says he has no intention of making the "first move" to ease tensions with former colonial power France following a row over incendiary comments by his French counterpart.
- France Leaves Open IAEA Action Against Iran Even As Nuclear Talks Near RFE/RL 05 Nov 2021 -- France says it could still take diplomatic action along with its partners against Iran for its lack of cooperation on nuclear issues, even as the sides have said talks on the matter will resume later this month.
- Britain's position on fishing row with France unchanged: Johnson Press TV 03 Nov 2021 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says London will make no concession in a dispute with France over fishing rights, against the backdrop of a move by Paris to put on hold plans for retaliatory measures.
- France-Australia row deepens as Macron's text leaked to Australian media Press TV 03 Nov 2021 -- France has denounced Australia's "very inelegant" move to leak a private text message from President Emmanuel Macron to the Australian premier about a submarine deal that Canberra later unilaterally dropped, deeply dismaying Paris and sparking a diplomatic row.
- Australia Rejects French Claims of AUKUS Deal Deception VOA 02 Nov 2021 -- Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison rejected accusations French President Emmanuel Macron made about a scrapped $37 billion submarine deal. Macron has recently said Morrison lied when abandoning the submarine deal before Australia joined a new security pact with the United Kingdom and the United States known by its acronym AUKUS.
- Britain warns France: Back down in 48 hours or face trade trouble Press TV 01 Nov 2021 -- The UK warned France on Monday to back down in a fish row within 48 hours or face legal action under the Brexit trade deal amid an intensifying dispute between Paris and London.
- 'I Don't Think. I Know': Macron accuses Australia PM of lying over submarine deal Press TV 01 Nov 2021 -- French President Emmanuel Macron has accused the Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison of out-rightly lying to him over a cancelled $90bn submarine deal, marking fresh escalation of tensions between the two countries.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list