6th DPRK-US Colonel-Level Military Working Contact
Korean Central News Agency of DPRK via Korea News Service (KNS)
Pyongyang, October 5 (KCNA) -- The sixth round of the DPRK-U.S. senior colonel-level military working contact was made in Panmunjom Tuesday.
The DPRK side studied the results of examination conducted by the U.S. forces side as regards the proposal for dispatching an inspection group advanced by the DPRK side at the previous contact.
The U.S. forces side made an unreasonable assertion to hold the DPRK-U.S. general-level military talks for unilaterally notifying the "results of investigation" conducted by it as it has made no study of the DPRK's reasonable proposal and failed to set forth any alternative to it, thus deliberately throwing a hurdle in discussing the issue.
Bitterly reproaching the U.S. forces side for its impolite and uncouth behavior, the DPRK side declared as follows:
The DPRK, as it has repeatedly clarified, can never recognize the "results of investigation" announced by the U.S. forces side groundlessly defending the sheer lies fabricated by the south Korean puppet forces.
It is an elementary order of work to settle the issue and, at the same time, an invariable stand of the DPRK side to abide by the principle of investigation first and opening of talks next in line with the bilateral agreement on making a scientific and objective probe into the truth about the "Cheonan" case.
It is an intolerable mockery of the dialogue partner and a mean perfidy backpedaling the bilateral agreement for the U.S. side to try to force the DPRK to accept the unilaterally fabricated sheer lies the falsity and hypocrisy of which were brought into bolder relief.
The more desperately the U.S. forces side puts a brake on the settlement of the issue by employing a poor and trite trick, the more glaringly it will reveal its true colors as the architect of the case.
The U.S. forces side persistently insisted that it is urgent to open the above-said general-level military talks while denying even the joint investigation on which both sides have so far made sincere discussion.
The DPRK side advanced a fresh package proposal concerning field investigation including the issue of naming the inspection group, prompted by its unshakable will to probe the truth about the warship case to the last.
This proposal includes a landmark offer calling for bringing to Panmunjom such "evidence" as torpedo screw and a design of the torpedo necessary for the clarification of the case now that the U.S. forces side is reluctant to accept the DPRK's inspection group's verification of the scene of the incident and inspection of a military base and getting both sides make a precision analysis before opening DPRK-U.S. general-level military talks to discuss the truth about the "Cheonan" case.
Driven to a tight corner, the U.S. forces side found itself at a loss for words and simply said it would report to the superior and examine it when back.
How to approach the final proposal calling for bringing to Panmunjom "evidence" necessary for the probe into the truth about the above-said case for a joint verification would bring to light the ulterior intention of the U.S. forces side in the eyes of the world, the DPRK side noted, stressing that the Korean People's Army would strictly follow the future attitude of the U.S. forces side.
Both sides agreed to have the next round of contact on around October 20.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|