Weekly Report on North Korea (November 17-November 23, 2006)
ROK Ministry of Unification
• Pyongyang Broadcasting Services reported on November 23 that the people’s committee of Pyongan-bukdo had promoted several significant constructions positively such as Taechon Power Plant No.4, Shinuiju duck farm, and houses.
• The Central Broadcasting Station reported on November 21 that potato processing plant was built at Samsu-gun, Yanggang-do.
• The spokesperson of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland announced the statement to condemn the South Korean government for supporting the UN resolution on human rights in North Korea on November 18, reported the Korean Central News Agency on November 18.
• In the report No.927 on November 18, the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland denounced the professors of the South Korean Air Force Academy for assessing preemptive attack on North Korea.
• The Central Broadcasting Station reported on November 21 that North Korean delegation, led by Choi Taebok, the chairman of the Supreme People’s Assembly visited Iran from November 10 to 21 to attend the 7 th general assembly of the Association of Asian Parliament for Peace (AAPP).
• Pyongyang Broadcasting Services reported on November 17 that the spokesperson of the Central Committee of the Red Cross Society of North Korea announced a statement to condemn Japan for prohibiting the entry of the North Korean ship Mangyoungbong-92 into a Japanese Port.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|