Weekly on North Korea (November 3-November 9, 2006)
ROK Ministry of Unification
• Chairman Kim Jeong-il delivered the on-the-spot guidance at the Wonsan Stock Farm, reported the Central Broadcasting Station on November 7.
• In the editorial of the Rodong Daily, North Korea emphasized the importance of building strong country through self-reliance, reported the Korean Central News Agency on November 9.
• According to the report by the Central Broadcasting Station on November 3, and 5, North Korea over accomplished the National Economy Plan in October by completing the construction of the two general quays at the Nampo Harbor, and is about to conclude the construction of a container quay at the Namp Harbor.
• According to the report by the Rodong Daily on November 9, North Korea criticized that the South did not permit visiting the North by the youth and students from the South Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration. The North said the South’s measure is thoughtless because it interrupts the inter-Korean reconciliation and cooperation.
• The spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced Japan for its attitude on the resumption of the six-party talks. According to the report by the Central Broadcasting Station on November 17, Choi Tae-bok, the chairman of the Supreme People’s Assembly gave an address at the 7 th General Assembly of the Association of Asian Parliaments for Peace, held in Iran on November 13.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|