Weekly Report on North Korea (September 22-September 28, 2006)
ROK Ministry of Unification
• The Central Broadcasting Station reported on September 25 that North Korea would hold the 2 nd Pyongyang International Commodity Fair at the Three Revolution Exhibition Hall from September 25 to 28, in which about 80 companies from 10 nations would participate.
• According to the report by the Central Broadcasting Station on September 28, the 3 rd 「 Nanoscience and Technology Exhibition 」 was held at Kim Chaek University of Technology from September 26 to 27.
• The Central Broadcasting Station reported on September 28 that the 9 th 「 National Invention and New Technology Exhibition 」 was held at the Three Revolution Exhibition Hall from September 6 to 27.
• The Central Broadcasting Station reported on September 22 that North Korea condemned the South Korean government for negotiating Free Trade Agreement with the U.S., saying it is a servile agreement.
• Pyongyang Broadcasting Services reported on September 26 the address by the Choi Sooheon, vice-minister for foreign affairs at the 61 st U.N. General Assembly on September 22.
• Regarding the 「 Annual Report on International Religious Freedom 」 by the U.S. Department of State, the Rodong Daily published comments under the title, ‘Impudent Behavior by the Principal Offender of the Suppression of the Religion.’
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|