14 September 2004 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Weekly Report on North Korea (No. 710) ROK Ministry of Unification
- BRITAIN NOKOR TALKS VOA 14 Sep 2004 -- China says it will continue efforts to bring North Korea back to talks intended to convince the communist state to give up its nuclear weapons programs.
- Much Ado in S. Korea and U.S. Refuted KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- South Korea is making much ado that there was a big explosion in Kim Hyong Jik County, Ryanggang Province of the DPRK, on Sept. 9, according to a radio report from Seoul. It first claimed that the explosion was presumed to be a nuclear test or a forest fire and the explosion took place in Kim Hyong Jik County and then asserted that it might happen in an area along the Military Demarcation Line, not in Ryanggang Province. This is a preposterous smear campaign.
- Kim Jong Il Receives Mironov KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- Kim Jong Il, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and chairman of the DPRK National Defence Commission, Monday received Sergei Mikhailovich Mironov, chairman of the Federation Council of Russia, on an official goodwill visit to the DPRK.
- Joint National Struggle against U.S. Called for KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- It is the most crucial national task to ensure peace and security of the country and protect the destiny of the nation at present to wage a courageous anti-U.S. and anti-war struggle through national cooperation, says Rodong Sinmun Monday in a signed article.
- 9th Pyongyang Film Festival Opens KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- The 9th Pyongyang Film Festival opened Sunday at the Pyongyang International Cinema House.
- Pak Pong Ju Meets Chairman of Russian Federation Council KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- Pak Pong Ju, premier of the DPRK Cabinet, met and had a friendly talk with Chairman of the Federation Council of Russia Sergei Mikhailovich Mironov who paid a courtesy call on him at the Mansudae Assembly Hall Monday.
- Pyongyang Intl. Books Fair Opens KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- The 4th Pyongyang International Scientific and Technological Books Fair was opened at the Grand People's Study House Sunday.
- Talks between Chairmen of DPRK SPA and Federation Council of Russia KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- Talks between Choe Thae Bok, chairman of the Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK, and Sergei Mikhailovich Mironov, chairman of the Federation Council of Russia, were held at the Mansudae Assembly Hall Monday.
- Chinese Party and Government Delegation Winds Up Its Visit to DPRK KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- The Chinese party and government delegation led by Li Changchun, member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, left here today after winding up its official goodwill visit to the DPRK at the invitation of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea and the DPRK government.
- DPRK Foreign Minister Meets British Foreign Office Delegation KCNA 14 Sep 2004 -- Paek Nam Sun, minister of Foreign Affairs, met and had a friendly talk with the delegation of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland led by Bill Rammell, deputy secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, that paid a courtesy call on him on Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|