15 March 2004 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- KOREA TALKS VOA 15 Mar 2004 -- North Korea failed to show up for working-level economic talks that had been scheduled to open today (Monday) in South Korea. North and South Korea are at odds over where to hold the meeting.
- U.S. Urged to Withdraw Projected Joint Military Exercises KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- A spokesman for the Panmunjom Mission of the Korean People's Army today gave an answer to the question put by KCNA as regards a telephone message sent to the KPA side by the U.S. side on March 9 to the effect that it would stage large-scale Foal Eagle joint military exercises and reception, staging, onward movement and integration (RSOI) in south Korea from March 22 to 28.
- KCNA Raps at Japan's Ambition for Overseas Expansion KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- The ambition of the Japanese reactionaries for territorial expansion has reached an extreme phase. It has been brought to light lately that the postal service corporation of Japan has recently published stamps on which Tok Islet is printed as part of the territory of Japan though it is an inalienable part of the territory of Korea.
- S. Korean Authorities Urged to Drop Their Cold War-oriented Strategy for confrontation KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- The south Korean authorities on March 4 released the "four-point basic security policy strategy", the keynote of which is to "build up military power strong enough to deter the north" and "play a major role in deterring the north" in the future.
- U.S. Marine Corps' Large-scale War Exercise Held in S. Korea KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- The U.S. Marine Corps has staged a large-scale war exercise in Phyongthaek, Kyonggi Province, from March 8, according to foreign press reports.
- High-Level KEDO Delegation Leaves KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- The high-level delegation of the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization (KEDO) left here by air on March 13.
- S. Korean Delegation Leaves KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- The delegation of the Headquarters for the Promotion of Joint National Functions in south Korea with Han Sang Ryol, permanent representative of the Reunification Solidarity for the Implementation of the June 15 South-North Joint Declaration and Peace on the Korean Peninsula, as its honorary head and with Kim Jong Su, permanent executive chairman of the headquarters who is also permanent executive chairman of the Headquarters of the Movement of All Compatriots for Going Hand in Hand, as its head left here today.
- Executive Director of UNICEF and His Party Here KCNA 15 Mar 2004 -- Carol Bellamy, executive director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), and his party arrived here today.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|