2013 Cuba Special Weapons News
- Obama-Castro Handshake Draws Attention at Mandela Tribute VOA 10 Dec 2013 -- Tuesday's memorial service for Nelson Mandela generated some informal diplomacy and political controversy, alongside the praise for the late South African president.
- Panama: UN Report Finds NKorean Ship Violated Sanctions VOA 29 Aug 2013 -- Panama says United Nations experts have determined Cuban weapons seized from a North Korean cargo ship in the Panama Canal were a violation of U.N. sanctions.
- Castro Denies Cuba Caved In to US Pressure on Snowden RIA Novosti 28 Aug 2013 -- Fidel Castro, the former leader of Cuba, has denied that Cuba succumbed to US pressure to deny fugitive intelligence contractor Edward Snowden entry.
- Cuba Gets 3rd An-158 Plane, Signs Deal for 3 More RIA Novosti 28 Aug 2013 -- Ukraine’s Antonov aircraft maker has handed over a third An-158 passenger airliner to Cuba and signed a contract for the delivery of three more.
- Snowden Stayed in Moscow Due to Cuba’s Position – Report RIA Novosti 26 Aug 2013 -- US fugitive intelligence contractor Edward Snowden stayed in Moscow in late June and did not fly to Cuba because Cuban authorities would have denied him landing under US pressure.
- Cuba Readies Corruption Trials of Western Businessmen VOA 14 May 2013 -- Canadian and British executives of three foreign businesses shut in 2011 by Cuban authorities, ostensibly for corrupt practices, have been charged after more than a year in custody.
- On May Day, Cuba Remembers 'Best Friend' Chavez VOA 01 May 2013 -- Hundreds of thousands of Cubans filed through Havana's Revolution Square on Wednesday in a May Day parade that paid tribute to Hugo Chavez.
- Raul Castro To Step Down In 2018 RFE/RL 25 Feb 2013 -- Cuban leader Raul Castro has announced he will step down from power after his second term as president ends in 2018.
- Presidential Memorandum - Delegation of Authority to Suspend the Provisions of Title III of the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (LIBERTAD) Act of 1996 The White House 31 Jan 2013
- Letter from the President - LIBERTAD Act The White House 16 Jan 2013
- Cuba Eases Travel Rules RIA Novosti 14 Jan 2013 -- Cuban authorities have lifted decades-old travel restrictions allowing citizens to go abroad without exits visas and spend more time overseas starting Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|