2012 Cuba Special Weapons News
- Alan Gross Begins Fourth Year of Unjust Imprisonment US Dept. of State 03 Dec 2012
- General Assembly renews call for end to US embargo against Cuba UN News Centre 13 Nov 2012 -- For the 21st consecutive year at the United Nations, the General Assembly today adopted a resolution calling for an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States against Cuba.
- Castro Disputes Health Rumors VOA 22 Oct 2012 -- Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro has written an article in state media disputing claims he is on his death bed.
- Castro Denies Bad Health 'Rumors' RIA Novosti 22 Oct 2012 -- The leader of the Cuban revolution, Fidel Castro, published an article on Monday denying that his health is deteriorating.
- Fidel Castro’s Sister Denies Rumors of His Stroke RIA Novosti 20 Oct 2012 -- Fidel Castro’s sister has denied rumors that the former Cuban leader suffered a massive stroke and was on the brink of death.
- Cuba Eases Restrictions on Foreign Travel VOA 16 Oct 2012 -- The Cuban government says it no longer will require its citizens to apply for an exit visa if they wish to travel overseas.
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the Arrest of Activists in Cuba The White House 25 Jul 2012
- Top Cuban Dissident Dies In Crash RFE/RL 23 Jul 2012 -- One of Cuba's best-known dissidents, Oswaldo Paya, has died in a car crash.
- Letter from the President Regarding the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity Act of 1996 The White House 13 Jul 2012
- Cuba Reforms Economy in Effort to Preserve Political System VOA 18 Apr 2012 -- President Barack Obama faced criticism from other leaders at the Summit of the Americas in Colombia for insisting on democratic reforms in Cuba before the United States will lift its 50-year-old economic embargo against the island nation.
- Statement from NSC Spokesman Tommy Vietor on the Detention of Members of the Damas de Blanco The White House 19 Mar 2012
- US: Cuba Shows 'Disdain' For Human Rights By Detaining Dissidents VOA 19 Mar 2012 -- The White House says the detention of protestors in Cuba ahead of a papal visit underscores Havana's "disdain" for the universal rights of its people.
- Cuba Releases Activists Ahead Of Papal Visit RFE/RL 19 Mar 2012 -- Cuba has released about 70 members of the Damas de Blanco (Women in White) opposition group who were detained on March 18.
- Letter - Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Cuba and the Emergency Authority Relating to the Regulation of the Anchorage and Movement of vessels The White House 23 Feb 2012
- Notice - Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Cuba and the Emergency Authority Relating to the Regulation of the Anchorage and Movement of vessels The White House 23 Feb 2012
- Cuba to Never Give Up One-Party System - Raul Castro RIA Novosti 30 Jan 2012 -- Cuba will never give up the one-party system, President Raul Castro said in a closing speech to the ruling Communist Party’s national conference.
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the Death of Cuban Activist Wilmar Villar The White House 20 Jan 2012
- US Senator Seeks Release of American Jailed in Cuba VOA 19 Jan 2012 -- A high ranking member of the U.S. Senate is in Cuba trying to gain the release of an American accused of spying.
- Pope Benedict to Visit Cuba in March VOA 02 Jan 2012 -- Roman Catholic Church officials say Pope Benedict XVI will be in Cuba March 26 to 28 following a visit to Mexico.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|