Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 December 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- China's NHC stops publishing COVID-19 daily cases, handing duty over to CDC Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- China's National Health Commission (NHC) announced to stop publishing daily COVID-19 case data from Sunday and the duty now hands on to the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China's CDC).
- Chinese experts say second booster still necessary for people who have been infected Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- Is the second booster shot still necessary for people who have been infected with COVID-19? China's State Council joint epidemic prevention team said yes, calling on the public to choose a different vaccine from the previous three doses as their second booster shot.
- Daily new COVID infections in Zhejiang reach over 1 mln, peak expected with 2 mln daily around New Year's Day Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- With daily new infections surpassing 1 million, the COVID-19 epidemic in East China's Zhejiang Province is expected to peak earlier around the New Year's Day and enter a high-level stage with the highest daily tallies reaching 2 million, local authorities said on Sunday.
- China's NHC will stop publishing daily COVID-19 case data from Sunday Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- China's National Health Commission (NHC) will stop publishing daily COVID-19 daily case data from Sunday. Instead the CDC will released COVID-related info for study and reference: NHC
- China flies 71 warplanes into Taiwan's ADIZ in one day Radio Free Asia 25 Dec 2022 -- China sent a record 71 warplanes into Taiwan's air defense identification zone and held a live-fire exercise around the island on Sunday in an apparent response to the passage of a law that authorizes U.S. military loans and aid to Taiwan.
- PLA holds fire strike drills around Taiwan island after US defense bill provokes China Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Eastern Theater Command on Sunday organized cross-service joint combat alert patrols and joint fire strike exercises in maritime and aerial areas around the island of Taiwan after the US continued down a provocative and dangerous path of playing the "Taiwan card" to suppress China with its latest defense bill, including $10 billion in security assistance and fast-tracked weapons procurement for the island.
- PLA conducts joint combat-readiness security patrol and joint firepower striking exercise around Taiwan Island PLA Daily 25 Dec 2022 -- On December 25, the PLA Eastern Theater Command conducted the joint combat-readiness security patrol and joint firepower striking exercise involving troops of multiple services and arms in the waters and airspace around the Taiwan Island, said Army Senior Colonel Shi Yi, spokesperson for the PLA Eastern Theater Command (ETC), on Sunday.
- China stages 'strike drills' around Taiwan, citing 'provocation' by US Press TV 25 Dec 2022 -- China has conducted fresh "strike drills" in the sea and airspace around Taiwan in response to "provocation" from the self-ruled island and the United States.
- New improvements expected for China's J-20 stealth fighter jet Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- Chinese military analysts said constant upgrades are expected for China's J-20 fighter jet, after foreign media reported recently that a new and more power
- US, Japan hiking defense budgets to target China is dangerous: experts Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- The US and Japan both announced on Friday increases in their defense budgets for next year, naming Taiwan question among reasons for the spending hikes. This reflects that the two countries are preparing to interfere in the Taiwan question militarily, and it requires China to enhance combat readiness and be ready to defend national sovereignty and territorial integrity, experts said on Sunday.
- China navigates complex international issues, striking balance in major-country diplomacy in 2023 Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- China has greatly advanced its diplomatic agenda in 2022 with head-of-state diplomacy setting the pace for the country's overall diplomatic work, which was highlighted by one home-ground event, two major initiatives and three important visits, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Sunday in reviewing the country's diplomatic work for 2022. Chinese experts believe that the overall successful diplomatic work helped China navigate complex global and regional issues, consolidate consensus and strike a balance in maintaining strategic stability in relations with other major countries such as the US and Russia.
- China vows to maintain a global vision and write a new chapter inâ€‚major-country diplomacy with Chinese characteristics: FM Wang Yi Global Times 25 Dec 2022 -- In the new global context, any attempt of conflict, confrontation, containment and decoupling runs against the prevailing trend of the times and is doomed to fail; peace, development, cooperation and win-win represent the popular will of the people and are an international trend, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Sunday during a symposium on the international situation and China's foreign relations.
ful variant of the stealth aircraft has appeared.
- China-Russia relations 'strong as monolith': Chinese FM Press TV 25 Dec 2022 -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has praised Sino-Russia relations, saying ties between the two countries are "strong as a monolith" and do not change under the influence of the unstable international circumstances.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list