Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
24 December 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Hong Kong Drops More COVID-19 Restrictions but Caution Remains VOA 24 Dec 2022 -- Hong Kong is forecast to grow economically next year after the city's leader announced the removal of nearly all COVID-19 restrictions on international arrivals and said it would reopen its border with China.
- 'Govt agencies, antigen kit producers ramp up efforts to ensure supply as COVID-19 cases surge Global Times 24 Dec 2022 -- Chinese government agencies and antigen testing kit manufacturers have been stepping up efforts to expand output as the demand for the kits surges along with the rapid increase of COVID-19 infection cases across the country.
- Stress on Beijing hospitals expected to 'gradually ease' while other cities bracing for peak infection numbers Global Times 24 Dec 2022 -- ICUs in Beijing are still under stress as community transmission of Omicron has led to increasing severe cases ΜΆ most of whom are elderly ΜΆ in a short period of time, the Global Times has learned from experts.
- Multiple factors cause rise of severe COVID cases in Beijing: health experts People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- Health experts noted that multiple reasons have led to a rise of severe COVID-19 cases in Beijing, as north China generally sees a greater occurrence of respiratory infectious diseases in winter.
- China prioritizes medical services in high-risk COVID-19 locations People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- China has moved to prioritize the provision of medical services in elderly care facilities and social welfare institutions amid the COVID-19 epidemic, according to a video conference held by the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
- Record US military spending bill, aid to Taiwan anger China Press TV 24 Dec 2022 -- China has blasted the US passing of a defense authorization law that boosts military assistance for Chinese Taipei in defiance of Beijing's territorial claims over the self-ruled island.
- Relying on the US to seek 'Taiwan independence' a dead end: Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council Global Times 24 Dec 2022 -- The Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council urged on Saturday those in the US to immediately correct their wrong words and deeds on the Taiwan question and warned the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authorities in the Taiwan island that relying on the US to seek independence is a dead end.
- China's space station provides open platform for global cooperation People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- China recently launched the manned spaceship Shenzhou-15. The launch marks the final one at the construction stage of its space station.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson's Remarks on the US's Signing into Law the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023 Global Times 24 Dec 2022
- Chinese defense spokesperson remarks on US FY 2023 National Defense Authorization Act PLA Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- On December 24 Beijing time, the US President signed the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) into law, which contains a number of China-related provisions. "China is strongly dissatisfied with and firmly opposed to the US's move, and has lodged solemn representations with the US side," said Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, in a statement released on Saturday.
- Wang Yi urges US to stop 'containing China while calling for dialogue' in phone call with Blinken Global Times 24 Dec 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi had a phone conversation with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Friday, during which Wang called on the US to stop its old tricks of unilateral bullying and containing China's development.
- China sanctions two U.S. individuals People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- China has decided to take countermeasures and sanction two U.S. individuals in response to the U.S. sanctions against two Chinese officials on Dec. 9 over alleged human rights issues related to Tibet.
- Premier Li meets with HKSAR chief executive People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- Premier Li Keqiang on Thursday met with Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) John Lee, who is currently paying a duty visit to Beijing.
- Premier Li meets with Macao SAR chief executive People's Daily 24 Dec 2022 -- Premier Li Keqiang on Thursday met with Chief Executive of the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) Ho Iat Seng, who is on a duty visit to Beijing.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list