Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 December 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Funeral homes operating around the clock in COVID-hit Beijing: employees Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2022 -- Funeral homes in Beijing are operating around the clock amid a surge of COVID-19 cases, with cremations now backed up for at least five days, funeral parlor staff told Radio Free Asia on Wednesday.
- China rolls out second booster shot for high-risk groups, the elderly and chronically ill Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- China's top health body issued a plan to roll out second booster shot on Wednesday. Those from high-risk groups, the elderly and people with underlying diseases and weak immune systems who had received their first booster shot over six months ago will be the first to receive the second booster.
- China vows to guarantee access to medical services, COVID drugs amid surging demand Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- The current priority of fighting COVID-19 is to guarantee the access for the public to medical services and medicine, especially timely, effective and convenient medical treatment for the elderly, pregnant women, children and people with underlying diseases, China's National Health Commission (NHC) emphasized on Wednesday.
- China launches second COVID-19 booster shot People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- China will offer a second COVID-19 booster dose to certain groups who had received their first booster shot more than six months ago, authorities said Wednesday.
- China no longer reports asymptomatic COVID cases; cities launch mini apps to upload antigen self-test results Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- Starting from Wednesday, China no longer reports the number of asymptomatic COVID-19 cases, China's national health commission announced on Wednesday, saying that many experiencing symptom-free infections are no longer taking nucleic acid tests, making it difficult to provide a precise figure.
- China's market regulators step up crackdown on illegal pricing, sales of medicines, COVID test kits Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- Market regulators across China's cities have initiated inspections targeting medicine, speculation regarding self-testing kits and illicit sales amid a surge in market demand.
- Chinese vice premier stresses need to ensure smooth transition of COVID-19 response phases People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Tuesday stressed the importance of meticulously implementing various measures to optimize COVID-19 prevention and control, and ensuring the smooth transition of the country's COVID-19 response phases.
- Chinese mainland reports 2,249 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 2,249 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Few elderly Chinese people report adverse reactions from COVID-19 vaccination People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- A leading Chinese immunologist on Tuesday said that not many people aged 60 and above have had adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccination.
- China further optimizes COVID-19 response with new measures People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- Local authorities across China have soon made specific policies to implement the 10 new prevention and control measures recently rolled out by the country on further optimizing the COVID-19 response, so as to contain the epidemic in a more science-based and targeted manner.
- China sends 21 aircraft into Taiwan's air defense identification zone Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2022 -- China has sent a record number of nuclear-capable strategic bombers into Taiwan's air defense identification zone in what analysts say could be a warning against "foreign support" to the island.
- New equipment enhances smart border defense PLA Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- The Baketu border defense company of the PLA Xinjiang Military Command is stationed on China's northwest border guarding the 19.2km borderline with Kazakhstan. The border patrol team used to walk a whole day in snow while patrolling the borderline in winter, but this year, it was otherwise. In a recent patrol, the troops used the new type of all-terrain vehicle (ATV), handset radio, security camera with laser-assisted auto-focus, and other new devices.
- China's Yuanwang-7 back from missions PLA Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- At about 9:00 on December 13, China's spacecraft tracking ship Yuanwang-7 ended its 55-day voyage and docked at the home port of China Satellite Maritime Tracking and Control Department (CSMTC).
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on December 14, 2022 PRC MofA 14 Dec 2022
- FM slams new US bill targeting Chinese tech firms, vows to protect rights Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- China firmly opposes the US' generalization of the concept of national security and its abuse of state power inunreasonably suppressing Chinese firms, and will take necessary measures to protect its own legitimate rights and interests,a spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday, in response to reports of new US sanctions on Chinese tech firms.
- People's Republic of China Citizen Arrested for Stalking U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts 14 Dec 2022 -- A Berklee College of Music student, who is citizen of the People's Republic of China (PRC), has been arrested and charged with stalking in connection with threatening and harassing communications he allegedly made towards an individual who posted fliers in support of democracy in China.
- China recalls six diplomats asked to waive immunity over Manchester consulate attack Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2022 -- China has withdrawn six of its diplomats from the United Kingdom, including a consul general who admitted to assaulting a Hong Kong protester inside the Chinese consulate in Manchester, British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly said on Wednesday.
- Russia, China denounce US-led move to oust Iran from UN women's body Press TV 14 Dec 2022 -- The move to oust the Islamic Republic of Iran from the United Nations women's rights body at the behest of the United States on Wednesday has been strongly censured by a number of countries.
- China must compensate IRNA 14 Dec 2022 -- Iranian Government's self-restraint and refraining from taking a hasty stance towards the recent visit of the Chinese President to the region, was a symbol of wisdom in the principles of the foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran. Iran's objection to
- Will African Nations Get Debt Help from IMF and China? VOA 14 Dec 2022 -- Long-running tensions between the major international lenders and China were aired at a meeting in China's Anhui province, where participants sought agreement on a way forward for some of the world's most indebted countries, many of them in Africa.
- China 'deeply shocked' at Kabul hotel attack injuring five Chinese nationals, firmly opposes any terrorism Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- China felt deeply shocked about the attack on a hotel in Afghanistan's capital Kabul that wounded five Chinese nationals, and expressed strong opposition against any forms of terrorism. China has asked the Afghan authorities to make all-out efforts to search for and rescue Chinese nationals and punish the perpetrators, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin said at Tuesday's press briefing, after the extremist militant group Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the terror attack.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list