Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 December 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Beijing and several other major cities scrap checks on COVID-19 tests for public transportation Global Times 02 Dec 2022 -- Several major Chinese cities, including Beijing and Tianjin, announced on Friday they would scrap checks of two-day or three-day valid COVID-19 test results previously required for passengers of public transportation. Residents in cities such as Chengdu and Guangzhou no longer need to show test results when entering most public places.
- Chinese mainland reports 4,233 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Dec 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 4,233 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- China's zero-COVID restrictions ease in some places, not in others: residents Radio Free Asia 02 Dec 2022 -- Chinese citizens described wildly varying COVID-19 prevention measures following anti-lockdown protests across the country this week, with some areas still locked down and others easing back on restrictions.
- China actively optimizes COVID-19 response measures People's Daily 02 Dec 2022 -- As the pathogenicity of the Omicron virus weakens, the vaccination rate rises and China accumulates experience in containing the virus, the country is actively optimizing and refining its COVID-19 response.
- Vice premier emphasizes summarizing grassroots experience to enhance COVID-19 response People's Daily 02 Dec 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Thursday called for drawing on effective practices for fighting COVID-19 in communities while optimizing response measures.
- China Blames Foreigners for Inciting Protests VOA 02 Dec 2022 -- China's rulers are accusing "hostile forces," including foreigners, of inciting street demonstrations in more than three dozen Chinese cities and many more universities in the biggest domestic political challenge for Beijing since 1989's Tiananmen Square protests.
- Victims in Urumqi fire that sparked protests were all Uyghurs, officials confirm Radio Free Asia 02 Dec 2022 -- The victims who died in last week's apartment block fire in Urumqi - which triggered protests across China against harsh anti-virus restrictions - were all Uyghurs, two officials confirmed to Radio Free Asia.
- Japan-China defense hotline aims to cut risk of clashes Radio Free Asia 02 Dec 2022 -- Japan and China are to start a defense hotline in the spring to minimize risks of incidents as the Chinese military is accused of advancing "gray zone" operations in contested waters between the two countries.
- Tokyo urged to heed rational voices on China after it hypes regular China-Russia air patrols Global Times 02 Dec 2022 -- Japan on Thursday expressed "severe concerns" over China-Russia aerial strategic patrol in the Asia-Pacific region, and reportedly said it plans to designate China as its top regional challenge in its National Security Strategy by the end of 2022. Chinese experts said it reflects Tokyo's political opportunism amid recent positive signals in China-Japan relations. They urged Japan to listen to domestic rational voices on China rather than follow the US in containing China and ending up in a worse situation.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on December 2, 2022 PRC MofA 02 Dec 2022
- Department of Commerce Issues Preliminary Determination of Circumvention Inquiries of Solar Cells and Modules Produced in China US Dept. of Commerce 02 Dec 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced its preliminary determinations in the circumvention inquiries of solar cells and modules from the People's Republic of China (PRC). Commerce examined a complaint alleging that eight solar companies that manufacture solar cells and modules are manufactured the components in the PRC, then sending those cells and modules to Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, and/or Vietnam for minor processing before being exported to the United States.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Sends Wreath to Bier of Jiang Zemin KCNA 02 Dec 2022 -- The respected Comrade Kim Jong Un sent a wreath to the bier of Jiang Zemin, former general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and president of the People's Republic of China, expressing deep condolences over his death.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Sends Message of Condolence to President Xi Jinping KCNA 02 Dec 2022 -- Kim Jong Un, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and president of the State Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), on Nov. 30 sent a message of condolence to Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and president of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
- Chinese first-marrieds fall below 12 million in 2021, a 37-year low: report Global Times 02 Dec 2022 -- China has seen the declining marriages during recent years, with the number of people in prime marriages falling below 12 million in 2021, a 37-year low, Yicai.com reported on Thursday citing statistics. Experts said that more supportive and targeted policies should be competently implemented to encourage marriages and ease the problems caused by late marriages.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list