Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
22 November 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese Vice Premier urges firm, decisive measures to win battle against COVID-19 in Chongqing Global Times 22 Nov 2022 -- The situation in Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality allows no delay in taking firm and decisive measures to concentrate on winning the battle against the latest COVID-19 epidemic, Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan said during her recent inspection of the municipality on Monday, noting that impact on economic and social development and people's livelihoods should be minimized to the maximum extent possible.
- China vows to enhance medical resources, crack down on excessive approaches amid severest COVID outbreak in 3 years Global Times 22 Nov 2022 -- China has reported a total of 253,000 COVID-19 cases since November 1 during the latest epidemic, and many places in the country are facing the severest and most complicated outbreak in three years, national health officials revealed at a press conference on Tuesday, vowing to enhance medical resources and crack down on excessive anti-epidemic measures adopted by some local governments.
- Coronavirus hospitalizations surge in Italy People's Daily 22 Nov 2022 -- Hospitalizations due to coronavirus are on the rise again in Italy, according to official data released on Monday. This could signal a potential surge in cases during the upcoming winter.
- Chinese vice premier stresses immediate measures to contain COVID-19 outbreak People's Daily 22 Nov 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan has stressed the importance of taking immediate action to contain current COVID-19 epidemic without delay.
- Red line over Taiwan question reiterated in talks between Chinese, US defense chiefs Global Times 22 Nov 2022 -- The defense chiefs of China and the US met face to face for the first time in Cambodia on Tuesday since US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's provocative visit to Taiwan island in early August, which was responded with large-scale military exercises around the island by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA).
- Taiwan 'red-line' for Beijing, Chinese defense minister warns US counterpart Press TV 22 Nov 2022 -- China's Defense Minister Wei Fenghe met his US counterpart Lloyd Austin on the sidelines of a ministerial meeting in Cambodia on Tuesday, warning Washington not to cross Beijing's "red-line" on Taiwan.
- The Fight In Serbia Over Chinese-Style Surveillance (Part 1) RFE/RL 22 Nov 2022 -- The spread of Chinese surveillance technology that is under way in Serbia today began with a mysterious death in 2014.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Meeting With People's Republic of China (PRC) Minister of National Defense General Wei Fenghe DoD 22 Nov 2022
- Competition Remains Defining Feature of U.S.-China Relations, but Communications Still Important DoD News 22 Nov 2022 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III discussed matters of mutual concern with Chinese Defense Minister Gen. Wei Fenghe in Siem Reap, Cambodia, today.
- Chinese defense minister meets with US counterpart PLA Daily 22 Nov 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Defense Minister General Wei Fenghe, who is attending the 9th ASEAN Defense Ministers' Meeting-Plus (ADMM-Plus) in Cambodia, held talks with US Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on November 22, 2022.
- US-China defense chiefs hold talks in Cambodia Radio Free Asia 22 Nov 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin met with his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Wei Fenghe, Tuesday in the Cambodian city of Siem Reap to discuss managing the competition between the two superpowers.
- Washington Must Respect Beijing's Core Interests, Chinese Defense Minister Says Sputnik 22 Nov 2022 -- Sino-American relations have been strained in recent months as American politicians have visited Taiwan despite the objections of Beijing, which views the island as an inalienable part of China.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on November 22, 2022 PRC MofA 22 Nov 2022
- China: Speech by High-Representative/Vice-President Josep Borrell at the EP debate on EU-China relations European External Action Service (EEAS) 22 Nov 2022
- China, Japan hold high-level maritime consultations; overall stability of ties foundation for concrete communication: observer Global Times 22 Nov 2022 -- China and Japan on Tuesday held the 14th round of high-level consultations on maritime affairs via video link, where the two sides recognized 10 years of the mechanism's role in enhancing mutual understanding, safeguarding marine security and promoting pragmatic cooperation.
- China unveils plan to shore up industrial economy People's Daily 22 Nov 2022 -- China will roll out a slew of measures to sustain the recovery momentum of the industrial economy, according to a circular released on Monday.
- Former top Apple Daily executives plead guilty to 'collusion with foreign powers' Radio Free Asia 22 Nov 2022 -- Six former executives of Hong Kong's now-folded Apple Daily newspaper pleaded guilty on Tuesday to 'conspiring and colluding with foreign powers' under a draconian national security law imposed by Beijing in the wake of the 2019 protest movement.
- China's Most Wanted: Babies VOA 22 Nov 2022 -- Access to low-interest housing loans and low-income housing. Remote work. Flextime. Childcare for 2-year-olds, not just kids 3 and up.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list