Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 November 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Collateral damage and secondary victims: the social impact of zero-COVID Radio Free Asia 11 Nov 2022 -- China's zero-COVID policy has been marked by rolling, grueling urban lockdowns, constant demands for mass testing in affected areas and round-the-clock tracking of residents' movements and test status via the Health Code smart-phone app.
- Xi Jinping presides over meeting of Standing Committee of Political Bureau of CPC Central Committee on COVID-19 prevention and control People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee held a meeting on November 10 to hear a report on COVID-19 prevention and control and laid out 20 measures to further improve work in this regard. Xi Jinping, general secretary of the CPC Central Committee, presided over the meeting and delivered an important speech.
- China's central leadership calls for optimized COVID response, precise measures amid dynamic-zero policy Global Times 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee met on Thursday to hear a report on the COVID-19 response, and discussed and arranged 20 measures for further optimizing epidemic prevention and control work.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,150 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 1,150 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Standing Committee of Political Bureau of CPC Central Committee discusses optimizing COVID-19 response PLA Daily 11 Nov 2022 -- The Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee met on Thursday to hear a report on COVID-19 response, discuss and arrange 20 measures to further optimize epidemic prevention and control work.
- U.S. to brief Taiwan on Biden-Xi talks: White House official CNA 11 Nov 2022 -- Washington will brief Taipei after United States President Joe Biden and China's leader Xi Jinping (ç¿’è¿‘å¹³) have a meeting in Bali, Indonesia on the sidelines of the G20 summit next week, the White House national security advisor said on Thursday.
- PLA's Newest Amphibious Assault Ship Anhui Joined 'Combat-Oriented' Drills, Chinese Media Says Sputnik 11 Nov 2022 -- China's amphibious forces have expanded rapidly in recent years, with its Marine Corps tripling in size and the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) commissioning a slew of new assault ships, including three Type 075 helicopter carriers.
- China unveils 'drone killer' laser weapon at Airshow China, can shoot down target at low cost Global Times 11 Nov 2022 -- A laser weapon used against drones attracted wide attention at this year's Airshow China. Dubbed the killer of UAVs, the weapon can launch effective strikes on low, slow and small (LSS) targets, which refer to those that fly below an altitude of one kilometer, at speeds of around 200 kilometers per hour and have a radar cross-section smaller than one square meter.
- PLA Navy's 3rd Type 075 amphibious assault ship makes training debut Global Times 11 Nov 2022 -- The Anhui, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy's third Type 075 amphibious assault ship, recently conducted realistic combat-oriented training, the PLA Navy announced on Thursday. This indicates that the vessel has entered active service, analysts said.
- Chinese PLA Navy's hospital ship Ark Peace arrives in Indonesia for goodwill visit Global Times 11 Nov 2022 -- The Chinese PLA Navy's hospital ship Ark Peace arrived at the port of Tanjung Priok in Jakarta, Indonesia, at 10 am on November 10, for an eight-day goodwill visit as part of "Mission Harmony-2022." The Ark Peace was warmly welcomed by the Indonesian navy and local people, as well as the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia and representatives of Chinese institutions and overseas Chinese.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on November 11, 2022 PRC MofA 11 Nov 2022
- Biden Facing Rivalries With Beijing, Moscow During Southeast Asia Trip VOA 11 Nov 2022 -- Leaving behind a better-than-expected Democratic performance in the November 8 Congressional elections, U.S. President Joe Biden heads to a whirlwind week of diplomacy with Southeast Asian and Indo-Pacific leaders amid an intensifying rivalry with China, Russia's war on Ukraine, and increased provocations from North Korea.
- China Puts Belt and Road Back on ASEAN Agenda VOA 11 Nov 2022 -- China on Thursday announced approval for a slew of infrastructure projects in mainland Southeast Asia at this year's round of Association of Southeast Asian Nations summits, being held here this week, signaling its Belt and Road Initiative is moving back on track after a hiatus of almost three years because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list