Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 October 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Shanghai to provide aerosolized vaccine as booster shots, latest move in China to explore better vaccination strategy amid mutations Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- Shanghai on Tuesday became the first city in China to provide a domestically developed aerosolized adenovirus type-5 vector-based COVID-19 vaccine (Ad5-nCoV) for booster shots while the country keeps exploring new and better strategies of mass vaccination in face of the rapidly mutating virus.
- Chinese mainland reports 205 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 205 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- China Border Resolution Leaves Some in India Unhappy VOA 25 Oct 2022 -- The resolution of a two-year border standoff between China and India has eased tensions between the Asian giants but left Indian critics saying their government gave up too much, local herders complaining of lost pastureland and analysts warning another escalation could come at any time.
- China's Xi calls for turning country's military into world-class force by 2027 Press TV 25 Oct 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has urged the country's armed forces to focus on goals set by the ruling party's central committee to accomplish by 2027, the year marking the centenary of the country's People's Liberation Army.
- Xi urges military to focus on its centenary goals PLA Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, urged the Chinese military on Monday to continue to be focused on the goals set by the CPC Central Committee for the armed forces to accomplish by 2027, the year marking the centenary of the People's Liberation Army.
- CPC reaffirms commitment to multiparty cooperation, consultation People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The Communist Party of China Central Committee reaffirmed on Monday its commitment to the system of CPC-led multiparty cooperation and political consultation.
- China's top legislature, State Council, top political advisory body study guiding principles of 20th CPC National Congress People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- Key members of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC), the State Council and the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) respectively held meetings on Monday to comprehend and implement the guiding principles of the 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
- China's State Council appoints, removes officials People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The State Council, China's cabinet, on Monday announced the appointment and removal of officials.
- How the CPC's new central leadership was formed People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The new central leadership of the Communist Party of China (CPC) has been elected, as the Party of over 96 million members and the Chinese people it leads embark on a new journey in China's modernization drive.
- Senior officials explain key report at Party congress People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- The report of the 19th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), adopted at the recently concluded 20th CPC National Congress, serves as a political manifesto and a guideline for action to achieve new victories on socialism with Chinese characteristics for a new era, a senior official said Monday.
- Profile: Xi Jinping leads China on new journey People's Daily 25 Oct 2022 -- After 10 years at the helm of the Communist Party of China (CPC), Xi Jinping, 69, once again stood in front of reporters as the Party's top leader, vowing to lead the country to pursue national rejuvenation through a Chinese path to modernization.
- China won't export devt model, opposes imposition on others Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- The just-concluded 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) elaborated on Chinese modernization, which offers a path for other countries to seek inspiration, senior Party officials at a Monday press conference reiterated that China will not export its model to other countries, nor will it import models from other countries; every country should explore its own way to modernization that suits its own situation, in response to questions and concerns from the West about whether "China might export its ideology or development model."
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on October 25, 2022 PRC MofA 25 Oct 2022
- US turned into a haven for corrupt elements and outlaws: Chinese FM Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- China On Tuesday slammed the US attorney general Merrick Garland's accusation that claimed China "sought to interfere with the rights and freedoms of individuals in the US," saying that it is one of the lies some people in the US made up to obstruct China's efforts to pursue fugitives and recover stolen goods, and that the US had turned into a haven for corrupt elements and outlaws.
- UNGA Resolution 2758 cannot be challenged, the one-China principle cannot be shaken: Chinese FM Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- The United Nations General Assembly Resolution 2758 not only completely resolved the issue of the representation of the whole of China, including the island of Taiwan, in the UN and other international institutions, but also made it clear that China has only one seat in the UN, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Tuesday, adding that the one-China principle has become a common consensus of the international community and universally recognized basic norm governing international relations.
- Hong Kong Publisher Jimmy Lai Convicted of Fraud VOA 25 Oct 2022 -- A Hong Kong court on Tuesday found Hong Kong publisher Jimmy Lai guilty of two counts of fraud related to a lease.
- HK announces detailed requirement for new teachers to pass Basic Law and National Security Law Test Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- The Education Bureau of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region issued a circular to all schools in Hong Kong on Monday, announcing details of a requirement for newly appointed teachers to pass the Basic Law and National Security Law Test (BLNST) starting from the 2023-24 school year, according to the news website of the regional government.
- Xi Jinping's extended term as supreme leader sparks warning to China's ethnic groups Radio Free Asia 25 Oct 2022 -- Xi Jinping's third term in office as Chinese Communist Party supreme leader will likely mean more suffering for ethnic minority groups in China, exiled activists warned in recent forums and interviews with RFA.
- Chinese dissidents, activists await release from house arrest, forced 'vacation' Radio Free Asia 25 Oct 2022 -- Chinese police have yet to release dissidents and rights activists from house arrest and other restrictions in the wake of the 20th party congress, with one activist detained for breaking restrictions, people targeted by the measures told Radio Free Asia on Tuesday.
- Fight against corruption a life and death struggle that we must win: official Global Times 25 Oct 2022 -- The report to the 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) pointed out corruption is a cancer to the vitality and ability of the Party, thus it is important to prevent officials from acting as proxies of interest and power groups, Wang Jianxin, director of the Publicity Department of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the CPC and the National Commission of Supervision, said at a press conference on Monday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list