Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 October 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese mainland reports 158 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Oct 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 158 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- 'No reason' for conflict in Taiwan Strait: White House official CNA 21 Oct 2022 -- A White House official said on Thursday that "there is no reason" for a conflict in the Taiwan Strait, just days after a Pentagon official warned that China could be militarily capable of attacking Taiwan before 2024.
- Resolving Taiwan question highlighted in report People's Daily 21 Oct 2022 -- Fighting against separatism and countering interference from foreign forces aimed at "Taiwan independence" have been highlighted in the report to the 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, given the unprecedented risks across the Taiwan Straits, experts said.
- Report: Classified Mar-a-Lago Papers Held US Secrets About China and Iran's Missile Program Sputnik 21 Oct 2022 -- The FBI searched former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in August as part of an investigation into potential mishandling of classified information, obstruction, and destruction of government records. With thousands of docs recovered, Trump and supporters have dismissed ongoing probes and suits as an attempt to undermine his legitimacy.
- Greater successes for CPC expected PLA Daily 21 Oct 2022 -- The Communist Party of China will accomplish even greater successes, lead the Chinese people to build a modern socialist country in all respects and join the rest of the world to create a better future for all of humanity, global experts said.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on October 21, 2022 PRC MofA 21 Oct 2022
- Xi advances head-of-state diplomacy PLA Daily 21 Oct 2022 -- As led by President Xi Jinping over the past 10 years, China's major-country diplomacy has contributed original initiatives and delivered substantive actions for global peace and prosperity, winning the country a greater network of partners worldwide, officials and scholars said.
- China firmly opposes to US' slander over China's efforts to track down fugitives: Chinese FM Global Times 21 Oct 2022 -- The US in disregard of basic facts, slandered China's efforts to track down fugitives and recover illegal assets, which China is firmly opposed to, Chinese Foreign Ministry said following reports that the US charged seven Chinese nationals for attempting to repatriate a US resident to China.
- EU Debates China Policy as German Chancellor Plans Beijing Visit VOA 21 Oct 2022 -- EU leaders at a European Council summit in Brussels this week wrestled with how to respond to the rising economic and diplomatic power of China, even as Chinese leader Xi Jinping signaled his intention to sustain an aggressive foreign policy during a Communist Party congress in Beijing.
- UK Expects Waiver of Chinese Consul's Diplomatic Immunity in Dragging Incident VOA 21 Oct 2022 -- Britain expects China to waive diplomatic immunity for officials if the U.K. police determine there are grounds to charge them for an attack on a Hong Kong protester, a British Foreign Office minister said on Thursday.
- Saudi, Chinese officials agree to boost energy cooperation Press TV 21 Oct 2022 -- Saudi Arabia's Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman and China's National Energy Administration Director Zhang Jianhua agreed on Friday to boost cooperation in the energy sector, the Saudi state news agency SPA reported.
- Companies Weigh Fallout From US Ban on Sending Chip Tech to China VOA 21 Oct 2022 -- The Biden administration's announcement earlier this month that it would ban the transfer of advanced U.S. semiconductor technology to China continues to reverberate through global markets. The ruling by the Department of Commerce affects not only U.S. firms that sell to China but any company whose products contain American semiconductor technology.
- Investing in China's Xinjiang region is investing in China's future: official Global Times 21 Oct 2022 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region currently enjoys social stability, ethnic unity, religious harmony and economic growth, and people live and work in peace and happiness, Zhang Chunlin, deputy secretary and head of publicity department of the CPC Xinjiang Regional Committee, said at a press conference on Thursday during the 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China.
- Beijing Banner Protest Ripples Outward as China Maintains Silence VOA 21 Oct 2022 -- Three days before the Chinese Communist Party convened its 20th congress, a 48-year-old man draped protest banners from Beijing's Sitong Bridge bearing messages that were visible from one of the city's busiest transportation routes.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list