23 September 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Italy's PM hopeful has concerns over China, vows closer ties with Taiwan CNA 23 Sep 2022 -- The politician favored to be Italy's next prime minister would reverse course on her country's support for China's Belt and Road Initiative and strengthen ties with Taiwan if a coalition headed by her party wins the country's general election on Sunday.
- US, Chinese Diplomats Discuss Tensions Over Taiwan VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and his Chinese counterpart discussed on Friday the need to maintain open lines of communication to manage the relationship between Beijing and Washington, especially during times of tension.
- Operation Cartwheel ends with the 5 participating militaries claiming success Radio Free Asia 23 Sep 2022 -- A multinational military training exercise involving the U.S., the U.K., Australia, New Zealand and Fiji concluded on Friday in the Pacific island nation. The 11-day Exercise Cartwheel 2022 drew criticism from China which has been seeking to expand influence in the South Pacific.
- Australia Calls on China to Help End War in Ukraine VOA 23 Sep 2022 -- Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong called on China to use its influence to end Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Wong spoke to reporters Thursday after a meeting with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
- Xi Jinping 'warns his opponents' with suspended death sentences to former top cops Radio Free Asia 23 Sep 2022 -- Authorities have handed down suspended death sentences to two formerly high-ranking security officials ahead of the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP)'s 20th party congress next month.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on September 23, 2022 PRC MofA 23 Sep 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Meeting with People's Republic of China (PRC) State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi US Dept. of State 23 Sep 2022
- China's focus on remote Pacific islands offers gains and heightened US rivalry Radio Free Asia 23 Sep 2022 -- China's security pact with the Solomon Islands has highlighted diplomatic gains made over two decades in a vast Pacific region neglected by the United States.
- China, Uyghurs battle for support at UN over Xinjiang rights report Radio Free Asia 23 Sep 2022 -- China has vowed to "fight" any United Nations action on human rights abuses against Uyghurs in Xinjiang cited in a damning report by the U.N. human rights chief, while Uyghurs are pressing the world body to move forward with investigations and other concrete follow-up measures.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|