Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
16 September 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Three Tibetans reported dead from COVID as virus spreads Radio Free Asia 16 Sep 2022 -- Three Tibetans have recently died from COVID-19 as the virus continues to spread across Chinaâ€™s Tibet Autonomous Region and local netizens complain of harsh and unsanitary quarantine procedures, RFA has learned.
- China to sanction US weapon giants over arming Chinese Taipei Press TV 16 Sep 2022 -- China has decided to impose sanctions against two American weapon industry behemoths for their contribution to the Pentagon's arms sales to Chinese Taipei (Taiwan).
- Nearly five decades after Mao's death, is Xi Jinping looking to take his place? Radio Free Asia 16 Sep 2022 -- As the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) marks the 46th anniversary of the death of its late leader Mao Zedong, concerns are being raised in some quarters that current leader Xi Jinping is hoping to emulate the Great Helmsman's supreme status in the party hierarchy.
- China's Xi Says 'Color Revolutions' Must Be Prevented VOA 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping called Friday on members of a central Asian regional grouping, which includes Russia and Iran, to work together to prevent â€śexternal forcesâ€ť from promoting what he called "color revolutions" â€” popular, pro-democracy uprisings in their countries.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Mao Ning's Regular Press Conference on September 16, 2022 PRC MofA 16 Sep 2022
- Xi meets with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of TĂĽrkiye PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping met with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of TĂĽrkiye on Friday morning at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand.
- Xi meets Pakistani PM Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif on Friday Morning at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand.
- Xi meets with Mongolian President Khurelsukh PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping met with his Mongolian counterpart, Ukhnaa Khurelsukh, at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand on Thursday afternoon.
- Xi meets with Belarusian President Lukashenko PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday afternoon met with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand.
- Xi meets with Azerbaijani President Aliyev PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on Thursday afternoon at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand.
- Xi meets with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping met with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi on Friday morning at Forumlar Majmuasi Complex in Samarkand.
- SCO leaders urge full, effective implementation of Iran nuclear deal in final statement Press TV 16 Sep 2022 -- Leaders of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) say all parties to the Iran nuclear deal need to comply with their commitments as per the 2015 agreement.
- SCO summit: Putin, Xi call for new intl. order as Iran's full membership confirmed Press TV 16 Sep 2022 -- Russian and Chinese presidents have urged for re-shaping the international order at the latest Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit which also saw the full-fledged accession of Iran to the organization signed by members.
- Russia, China presidents welcome Iran's full SCO membership Press TV 16 Sep 2022 -- Russia and China have welcomed Iran's imminent full membership in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), expressing readiness to improve interactions with Tehran within the framework of the body.
- Global Legislators Sound Alarm About China VOA 16 Sep 2022 -- As capitals in Central Asia roll out the red carpet for Chinaâ€™s top official this week, a growing network of key lawmakers from 28 nations and the European Union, major powers among them, believe the treatment for President Xi Jinping should be anything but.
- Chinese envoy: International community seriously concerned about AUKUS nuclear submarine cooperation PLA Daily 16 Sep 2022 -- A meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Board of Governors on September 15 discussed the AUKUS nuclear submarine cooperation as a standalone, formal agenda item. At the meeting, the member states expressed grave concerns over "seven issues" regarding trilateral cooperation proposed by China.
- China runs illegal police operations on foreign soil via 'overseas service centers' Radio Free Asia 16 Sep 2022 -- China is carrying out illegal, transnational policing operations across five continents, targeting overseas critics of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for harassment, threats against their families back home and "persuasion" techniques to get them to go back, according to a recent report.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list