Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 July 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese mainland reports 101 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 101 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 34 in Sichuan, 24 in Gansu and 22 in Guangxi, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- China's COVID-19 vaccines safe, effective People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- The COVID-19 vaccines produced by China are safe and effective, according to health officials and experts attending a press conference held by the State Council joint prevention and control mechanism against COVID-19 on Saturday.
- Community transmission chain of Omicron subvariant BA.2 in Shenzhen has not been cut: local health authority Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- The community transmission chain of the latest COVID-19 flare-up in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province, since July 15 has not been cut. The viral gene sequencing completed on all the infections showed that they have the Omicron subvariant BA.2, the local health commission announced on Sunday.
- Officials from China, ASEAN vow to build S.China Sea into sea of peace, friendship and cooperation at symposium marking 20th anniv. of DOC signing Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- Officials from China and ASEAN countries hailed the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) as an important landmark document that has played a huge role in maintaining peace and stability in the South China Sea over the past 20 years at the symposium commemorating the 20th anniversary of the signing of the DOC held in Beijing on Monday.
- South China Sea Not a 'Safari Park' for Countries Outside the Region, Chinese Foreign Minister Says Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- Beijing has been consistent in its criticism of the US and other Western navies for carrying out freedom of navigation exercises (FONOPs) in nearby waters, including in the South China Sea.
- U.S. lawmakers urge Pelosi to visit Taiwan, end 'outdated' One China policy CNA 25 Jul 2022 -- Two U.S. Republican lawmakers have urged House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to proceed with her planned trip to Taiwan and convene a floor vote to pass a resolution to end the "outdated" One China Policy.
- Taiwan's Han Kuang military drills slammed as a show Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- Warplanes of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) flew on both sides of Taiwan on Monday as the island kicked off its annual Han Kuang military drills which local media said is a preparation for a possible amphibious landing on the island by the Chinese mainland.
- Sticking to biased views on China and Cold War mentality won't work: Chinese FM spokesperson criticizes German FM's remarks on Taiwan question Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- Sticking to the outdated Cold War mentality and bloc confrontation is not going to work for Western politicians, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said during a press briefing on Monday in response to German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock's remarks on China's practice of "One Country, Two Systems" in the island of Taiwan.
- Shenzhou-14 crew enters Wentian lab module, as China's space station is near completion Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- The Shenzhou-14 crew of three taikonauts, who watched live the epic launch of the Wentian [Quest to The Heavens] lab module from some 400 kilometers above the Earth and cheered it on with applause on Sunday, did not wait long to check into their office and home unit in space, as they opened the gate of the freshly docked new module and entered the Wentian at 10:03 am on Monday, the Global Times learned from the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA).
- China's Wentian lab module docks with Tianhe core module combination People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- Wentian, the first lab module of China's space station, has successfully docked with the combination of the Tianhe core module, according to the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA).
- China's Wentian Lab Module Docks With Tiangong Orbital Station - CMSA Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The Wentian laboratory module launched on Sunday has successfully docked with China's Tiangong orbital station, according to the China Manned Space Agency (CMSA).
- Shenzhou-14 crew receives 1st lab module Wentian at China Space Station, verifying country's ability to assemble ultra-large spacecraft in orbit Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- Some 13 hours after the launch from the tropical island of South China's Hainan Province, China's Wentian lab module successfully arrived at the China Space Station in the early hours on Monday and docked with the Tianhe core cabin, marking the country's first time that two 20-ton spacecraft have completed docking maneuver in orbit.
- China's C919 jets complete all flight tests People's Daily 25 Jul 2022 -- All of China's six C919 planes have successfully completed flight tests.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on July 25, 2022 PRC MofA 25 Jul 2022
- Cyber Threat Coming From China 'Substantial,' Top Concern for US - CISA Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The United States sees a substantial cyber threat coming from China and considers the country a top concern for US security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Executive Director Brandon Wales said on Monday.
- FM urges US officials to stop hyping 'China threat' theory as top US military officer claims Chinese military 'aggressive' Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- China on Monday urges some US officials to abandon the cold war thinking and stop hyping "China threat" theory after US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Mark Milley claimed that the Chinese military has become significantly more aggressive and dangerous over the past five years.
- China calls for concrete actions after Australian PM's remarks about 'sanctions' Global Times 25 Jul 2022 -- A spokesperson for the Chinese Foreign Ministry on Monday renewed calls for Australia to take concrete actions to improve ties to create a favorable condition for bilateral trade, after Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese reportedly urged China to "lift all of the sanctions" against Australia.
- China exploits US social media to push its own Xinjiang narratives, report finds Radio Free Asia 25 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is using increasingly elaborate online tactics to counter information about human rights abuses in western China's Xinjiang region in hopes of influencing audiences across the globe, according to a new report.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list